Logan Mankins named top guard in NFL the last three seasons
|07.18.11 at 3:34 pm ET|
We have long been fans of the analytical web site Pro Football Focus, and the fellas at PFF have put together an impressive study chronicling the three-year performances by some of the top players in the game. They’ve been breaking down players by position, and this past Saturday, they examined the guard spot, where they ranked Patriots’ lineman Logan Mankins as the best in the league from 2008 through 2010. When it comes to Mankins, PFF writes:
“Even missing half of the 2010 season couldn’t keep Mankins from finishing our top guard over three years. He may give up some penalties and allow some pressure, but Mankins is the most dominant guard in the run game. Able to drive defenders back and get to the next level, you’ll understand why the Patriots took the unusual step of franchising a guard to secure his services for another year.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know