Logan Mankins named top guard in NFL the last three seasons
|07.18.11 at 3:34 pm ET|
We have long been fans of the analytical web site Pro Football Focus, and the fellas at PFF have put together an impressive study chronicling the three-year performances by some of the top players in the game. They’ve been breaking down players by position, and this past Saturday, they examined the guard spot, where they ranked Patriots’ lineman Logan Mankins as the best in the league from 2008 through 2010. When it comes to Mankins, PFF writes:
“Even missing half of the 2010 season couldn’t keep Mankins from finishing our top guard over three years. He may give up some penalties and allow some pressure, but Mankins is the most dominant guard in the run game. Able to drive defenders back and get to the next level, you’ll understand why the Patriots took the unusual step of franchising a guard to secure his services for another year.”
Mankins comes out ahead of Carl Nicks (second) and Jahri Evans (third), both of New Orleans. Cincinnati’s Bobbie Williams and Chris Snee of the New York Giants round out the Top 5.
- New England Patriots Links 12/13/13 - Defense Needs to Keep the Heat on...
- The New England Patriots now control their destiny in the AFC playoff...
- 2013 Week 14 Patriots Power Rankings
- New England Patriots Links 12/12/13 - Jamie Collins Growing into...
- Coping With Loss: the Rob Gronkowski Edition
- New England Patriots Links 12/11/13 - Can Mental Toughness Overcome...
- No Lead, No Problem