Logan Mankins named top guard in NFL the last three seasons
|07.18.11 at 3:34 pm ET|
We have long been fans of the analytical web site Pro Football Focus, and the fellas at PFF have put together an impressive study chronicling the three-year performances by some of the top players in the game. They’ve been breaking down players by position, and this past Saturday, they examined the guard spot, where they ranked Patriots’ lineman Logan Mankins as the best in the league from 2008 through 2010. When it comes to Mankins, PFF writes:
“Even missing half of the 2010 season couldn’t keep Mankins from finishing our top guard over three years. He may give up some penalties and allow some pressure, but Mankins is the most dominant guard in the run game. Able to drive defenders back and get to the next level, you’ll understand why the Patriots took the unusual step of franchising a guard to secure his services for another year.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...