Vikings punter: Logan Mankins, others, are ‘douchebags’
|07.19.11 at 5:41 pm ET|
Mankins, one of the four plaintiffs in the Brady vs. NFL antitrust lawsuit who is reportedly trying to get his own settlement, drew the ire of the Vikes’ punter on Tuesday. Kluwe took to Twitter (@chriswarcraft) to say: ‘Sigh, and once again greed is the operative byword. Congrats [Drew] Brees, [Peyton] Manning, [Logan] Mankins, and [Vincent] Jackson for being ‘that guy’. #douchebags’
According to Yahoo! Sports, Mankins and Jackson want to become unrestricted free agents or be given $10 million each for settling as lead plaintiffs in the case of Brady vs. the NFL, while Brees and Manning are also reportedly looking into their own deals. Meanwhile, the business of football cannot resume unless the antitrust lawsuit is settled with all the plaintiffs. (However, on Tuesday, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that Mankins has not sought any financial settlement ‘so far.’)
However, that didn’t stop Kluwe, who told the Minneapolis Star-Tribune on Tuesday afternoon that his tweet was the result of him being upset and just having some fun with the situation.
‘It’s like a mix of both,’ he told Judd Zulgad. ‘The thing is we’re so close to having a deal done and to kind of pull that at the last minute it feels kind of like blackmail. We all out the owners when they do crap like that and it’s only fair to call out our own people when they do the same thing. I’m against hypocrisy wherever it’s at. Just finish the deal up so we can get the season going.’
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Malcolm Butler Contract: Latest News, Rumors
- Patriots DT Plans to Recruit Kevin Durant to Celtics
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense