Vikings punter: Logan Mankins, others, are ‘douchebags’
|07.19.11 at 5:41 pm ET|
Mankins, one of the four plaintiffs in the Brady vs. NFL antitrust lawsuit who is reportedly trying to get his own settlement, drew the ire of the Vikes’ punter on Tuesday. Kluwe took to Twitter (@chriswarcraft) to say: ‘Sigh, and once again greed is the operative byword. Congrats [Drew] Brees, [Peyton] Manning, [Logan] Mankins, and [Vincent] Jackson for being ‘that guy’. #douchebags’
According to Yahoo! Sports, Mankins and Jackson want to become unrestricted free agents or be given $10 million each for settling as lead plaintiffs in the case of Brady vs. the NFL, while Brees and Manning are also reportedly looking into their own deals. Meanwhile, the business of football cannot resume unless the antitrust lawsuit is settled with all the plaintiffs. (However, on Tuesday, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that Mankins has not sought any financial settlement ‘so far.’)
However, that didn’t stop Kluwe, who told the Minneapolis Star-Tribune on Tuesday afternoon that his tweet was the result of him being upset and just having some fun with the situation.
‘It’s like a mix of both,’ he told Judd Zulgad. ‘The thing is we’re so close to having a deal done and to kind of pull that at the last minute it feels kind of like blackmail. We all out the owners when they do crap like that and it’s only fair to call out our own people when they do the same thing. I’m against hypocrisy wherever it’s at. Just finish the deal up so we can get the season going.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It