Bill Belichick issues statement regarding Myra Kraft
|07.20.11 at 3:16 pm ET|
Through the team, Patriots coach Bill Belichick has issued a statement in the wake of the death of Myra Kraft, wife of New England owner Robert Kraft.
‘On behalf of the entire Patriots football operation, we mourn the passing of Myra Kraft. As much support as her quiet but unmistakable presence provided us in the competitive arena and as much as I personally will miss her warm embraces before and after each game, Myra shined brightest in a much broader arena. In the humanitarian arena, her generosity through philanthropy was admired and appreciated by all. She made a permanent impression on hundreds of coaches, players, staff and our families as a model of grace, strength and giving. Myra’s vision and example will impact and remain very much with our team forever.’
In addition, the Patriots have announced that public services for Myra H. Kraft will be on Friday at 10 a.m. at Temple Emmanuel, located at 385 Ward Street, Newton Centre, MA 02459. In lieu of flowers, the Kraft family has asked that donations be made in Myra’s name at the Myra Kraft Giving Back Scholarship Fund at the Boys and Girls Clubs of Boston.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Chandler's Updated Fantasy Outlook After Gronkowski's Injury
- Despite First Loss, Pats Still in Driver's Seat for AFC's No. 1 Seed
- Pats' Super Bowl Hopes May Hinge on Gronk's Status
- Gronk Carted off with Knee Injury
- Brady Ties Marino on All-Time Passing TD List
- Pats Game Plan for Broncos Game
- Patriots Week 12 Stock Report