Bill Belichick issues statement regarding Myra Kraft
|07.20.11 at 3:16 pm ET|
Through the team, Patriots coach Bill Belichick has issued a statement in the wake of the death of Myra Kraft, wife of New England owner Robert Kraft.
‘On behalf of the entire Patriots football operation, we mourn the passing of Myra Kraft. As much support as her quiet but unmistakable presence provided us in the competitive arena and as much as I personally will miss her warm embraces before and after each game, Myra shined brightest in a much broader arena. In the humanitarian arena, her generosity through philanthropy was admired and appreciated by all. She made a permanent impression on hundreds of coaches, players, staff and our families as a model of grace, strength and giving. Myra’s vision and example will impact and remain very much with our team forever.’
In addition, the Patriots have announced that public services for Myra H. Kraft will be on Friday at 10 a.m. at Temple Emmanuel, located at 385 Ward Street, Newton Centre, MA 02459. In lieu of flowers, the Kraft family has asked that donations be made in Myra’s name at the Myra Kraft Giving Back Scholarship Fund at the Boys and Girls Clubs of Boston.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England