Smith: NFLPA discussing recertification
|07.21.11 at 3:08 pm ET|
The NFL Players association is discussing recertification, as NFL Executive Director DeMaurice Smith said Thursday in Washington D.C. Recertification is viewed as one of the stumbling blocks to ending the lockout, which is in its 128th day.
Smith noted that individual decisions for individual players to reconstitute are things that “our players take extremely seriously.”
“I know that there’s a lot of things swirling out there, and I certainly remember comments from some of the owners about how we might not even be like a real union, well guess what? The decision to decertify was important, because at the time, we were a real union,” Smith said. “The decision by the players, as men, to come back into the union is going to be an equally serious and sober one that they have to make.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL
- Houston Texans vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick