Smith: NFLPA discussing recertification
|07.21.11 at 3:08 pm ET|
The NFL Players association is discussing recertification, as NFL Executive Director DeMaurice Smith said Thursday in Washington D.C. Recertification is viewed as one of the stumbling blocks to ending the lockout, which is in its 128th day.
Smith noted that individual decisions for individual players to reconstitute are things that “our players take extremely seriously.”
“I know that there’s a lot of things swirling out there, and I certainly remember comments from some of the owners about how we might not even be like a real union, well guess what? The decision to decertify was important, because at the time, we were a real union,” Smith said. “The decision by the players, as men, to come back into the union is going to be an equally serious and sober one that they have to make.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...