Smith: NFLPA discussing recertification
|07.21.11 at 3:08 pm ET|
The NFL Players association is discussing recertification, as NFL Executive Director DeMaurice Smith said Thursday in Washington D.C. Recertification is viewed as one of the stumbling blocks to ending the lockout, which is in its 128th day.
Smith noted that individual decisions for individual players to reconstitute are things that “our players take extremely seriously.”
“I know that there’s a lot of things swirling out there, and I certainly remember comments from some of the owners about how we might not even be like a real union, well guess what? The decision to decertify was important, because at the time, we were a real union,” Smith said. “The decision by the players, as men, to come back into the union is going to be an equally serious and sober one that they have to make.”
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scarnecchia Has Tall Task Developing Pats' Young Offensive Line
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades