Mourners visit for Myra Kraft’s funeral
|07.22.11 at 4:45 pm ET|
The football world ‘ including the NFL lockout negotiations ‘ stopped Friday to recognize the life of Myra Kraft. The wife of Patriots owner Robert Kraft, Myra was a philanthropist who earned the love and respect of many, as shown by the roughly 1,600 people who attended her funeral at Temple Emanuel in Newton. Players, owners, friends and family gathered to pay their respects.
One attendee, former Patriots quarterback Drew Bledsoe, looked back on the life of Kraft after the service.
“She was a truly wonderful person,” Bledsoe told The Boston Herald. When you were around Myra, without really directing or saying, she inspired you to be a better person. She and Robert were so welcoming to me and my wife and our family when we were here. They treated us as if we were their own and really watched over us.”
Also in attendance were current players Tom Brady, Vince Wilfork, Dan Koppen, Logan Mankins and Ryan Wendell and former players Tedy Bruschi, Rodney Harrison, Richard Seymour, Willie McGinest, Joe Andruzzi, Matt Chatham and Lawyer Milloy, Gov. Deval Patrick, Boston Mayor Thomas M. Menino, Senate President Therese Murray, House Speaker Robert DeLeo, businessman Donald Trump, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, former commissioner Paul Tagliabue and all 31 other NFL owners.
“Our NFL family, there’s a reason you see so many of us here,” Jones said. “That’s the kind of impact. We really wanted to let everyone know and recognize how well and how much she’s thought of by the NFL.”
Former Patriots Donte’ Stallworth and Heath Evans paid their respects via Twitter.
Evans: ‘What made Myra Kraft special? Strong but Tender-hearted/Proud but Humble/Bold but Soft-Spoken/ Extremely blessed but lived to be a Blessing’
‘We have lost 1 of the greatest women I know & hands down the finest in all of sports w/ the passing of Mrs. Myra Kraft. God rest her soul!’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video