UPDATE: NFLPA dismisses talk of Monday vote, denies e-mail
|07.22.11 at 4:45 pm ET|
The NFLPA told the players via e-mail on Friday afternoon that the player reps will meet again on Monday, presumably to vote on the new proposal that was ratified by the owners on Thursday. The e-mail, which was obtained by ESPN, reads as follows:
‘Guys, to keep you abreast of the latest developments, we are reviewing the latest proposal for a settlement. Because of the passing of Myra Kraft in Boston, the NFLPA will not be making any public statements in honor of the Kraft family.
‘Our recommendation is for everyone to stay put and keep doing what you are doing where you are doing it. We will meet again Monday to discuss our options and the direction we want to go. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us. Your player reps.’
In the meantime, NFL facilities figure to remain closed throughout the weekend as the lockout continues.
(UPDATE, 6:52 p.m.: NFLPA spokesman George Atallah told Jason LaCanfora of the NFL Network “there is no timetable” for any conference or vote, and lawyers continue to work out remaining issues. Several reports indicate that no such e-mail was sent by the NFLPA, and there is no conference call set for Monday.)
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick