Latest news on NFL labor situation as of Saturday morning
|07.23.11 at 11:58 am ET|
Here’s the latest on the NFL labor situation, as of Saturday morning:
‘¢The NFL owners are expected to have a conference call sometime Saturday to get an update on the labor situation, according to Michael Lombardi of the NFL Network. The owners have pretty much laid low, at least when it comes to discussing anything on the labor front since verifying the proposal on Thursday night while the players have reportedly been examining the plan.
‘¢In addition, it’s been reported that all 10 plaintiffs in the Brady vs. NFL lawsuit ‘ including San Diego wide receiver Vincent Jackson ‘ have agreed to sign off and drop the litigation, according to Albert Breer of NFL.com. That means the rest of the outstanding issues ‘ including the recertification of the NFLPA and the players wishes for more of a presence when it comes to disciplinary issues ‘ can be addressed as the talks continue to go forward.
‘¢Meanwhile, the players have committed to work through the weekend, examining the proposal that was approved by the owners on Thursday afternoon.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty
- Most Prominent Patriots on the Roster Bubble
- Report: Lombardi Leaving Pats Front Office
- What Could Ninkovich's Position Change Mean for Patriots Defense?
- Who Were Patriots Minicamp Stars