Latest news on NFL labor situation as of Saturday morning
|07.23.11 at 11:58 am ET|
Here’s the latest on the NFL labor situation, as of Saturday morning:
‘¢The NFL owners are expected to have a conference call sometime Saturday to get an update on the labor situation, according to Michael Lombardi of the NFL Network. The owners have pretty much laid low, at least when it comes to discussing anything on the labor front since verifying the proposal on Thursday night while the players have reportedly been examining the plan.
‘¢In addition, it’s been reported that all 10 plaintiffs in the Brady vs. NFL lawsuit ‘ including San Diego wide receiver Vincent Jackson ‘ have agreed to sign off and drop the litigation, according to Albert Breer of NFL.com. That means the rest of the outstanding issues ‘ including the recertification of the NFLPA and the players wishes for more of a presence when it comes to disciplinary issues ‘ can be addressed as the talks continue to go forward.
‘¢Meanwhile, the players have committed to work through the weekend, examining the proposal that was approved by the owners on Thursday afternoon.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots
- Patriots Last-Minute 7-Round Mock Draft and Top-100 Big Board
- What Are the Patriots' Long-Term Needs?
- Patriots Draft Guide and Preview
- Super Bowl LI Odds: Brady Suspension Equals Uncertainty for Pats