Kevin Faulk talks about the post-lockout landscape and his rehab
|07.24.11 at 10:53 am ET|
With a labor agreement apparently on the horizon, it’s time to turn our attention to actual on-field football matters. Patriots veteran running back Kevin Faulk spoke with the Opelousas (La.) Daily World about a wide variety of topics, including what the post-lockout landscape will look like.
‘Like everybody else, I’m kind of waiting to see what’s going to happen,’ Faulk said. ‘I’ve heard a lot of different people speculating on the answers to those questions, but it’s hard to say. We just have to get back to it and see how it goes.’
Faulk also discussed what it was like trying to finish off the rehab process on his torn ACL he suffered in Week Two of the 2010 season without the help of the team’s medical personnel.
‘I’m a football player,’ Faulk said. ‘All I know is hard work. That’s the only way I’ve ever known how to do things. But those guys (trainers) are professionals. They know what they’re doing.
‘If I’m feeling soreness, I might figure that’s just part of football and keeping fighting through it. Those guys know how to deal with it. Not being able to communicate with those guys definitely made it tougher for me.’
And he also chimed in on the importance of having those offseason workouts as a team as opposed to what the NFL has gone through with the lockout:
‘I think it’s very crucial,’ Faulk said. ‘I hear people saying that it’s not important, but I think it’s very important for a lot of reasons. First of all, you get a feel for the new players on your team. It’s more than just going through the mini-camps and the OTAs. You’re building a team.
‘Even when you’re just working out together in the offseason, you’re building your team. You’re building trust and faith in one another when you see your teammates working hard. It’s very important.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England