Patriots linebacker Tully Banta-Cain underwent Friday surgery for abdominal tear
|07.24.11 at 4:27 pm ET|
Patriots outside linebacker Tully Banta-Cain underwent surgery for an abdominal tear on Friday, according to a league source. It was an injury he had been dogged by last season, but it flared up during recent offseason workouts.
Banta-Cain, 30, is entering his ninth season in the NFL, and his seventh with the Patriots. Last season, he played in 15 games and ended up with 50 tackles and five sacks. The news was first reported by Shalise Manza-Young of the Boston Globe.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England