Patriots linebacker Tully Banta-Cain underwent Friday surgery for abdominal tear
|07.24.11 at 4:27 pm ET|
Patriots outside linebacker Tully Banta-Cain underwent surgery for an abdominal tear on Friday, according to a league source. It was an injury he had been dogged by last season, but it flared up during recent offseason workouts.
Banta-Cain, 30, is entering his ninth season in the NFL, and his seventh with the Patriots. Last season, he played in 15 games and ended up with 50 tackles and five sacks. The news was first reported by Shalise Manza-Young of the Boston Globe.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors
- Biggest Challenges Facing New England Patriots in 2017 Offseason
- Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Comeback to Be Made into Book and Feature Film
- Malcolm Butler's Life Story to Be Subject of Biographical Movie
- Julian Edelman Says Jimmy Garoppolo Has Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers...