Bengals won’t trade Carson Palmer
|07.26.11 at 3:38 pm ET|
Bengals owner Mike Brown said that the team had no intention of trading quarterback Carson Palmer, who told the team that he would retire rather than continue to play for the team that drafted him first overall in 2003. Palmer has four years left on his contract, but Brown said the Bengals were ready to move on without him.
“I honestly like Carson Palmer,” Brown said. “He was a splendid player for us. He’s a good person. I wish him well. And he is retired. That is his choice. … I’m not expecting him to be back.”
To that end the team drafted Andy Dalton from TCU in the second round who will get a chance to win the starting job.
- 2013 Week 14 Patriots Power Rankings
- New England Patriots Links 12/12/13 - Jamie Collins Growing into...
- Coping With Loss: the Rob Gronkowski Edition
- New England Patriots Links 12/11/13 - Can Mental Toughness Overcome...
- No Lead, No Problem
- Patriots vs. Browns: By the Numbers
- Offensive Fallout: Touch Percentage