Bengals won’t trade Carson Palmer
|07.26.11 at 3:38 pm ET|
Bengals owner Mike Brown said that the team had no intention of trading quarterback Carson Palmer, who told the team that he would retire rather than continue to play for the team that drafted him first overall in 2003. Palmer has four years left on his contract, but Brown said the Bengals were ready to move on without him.
“I honestly like Carson Palmer,” Brown said. “He was a splendid player for us. He’s a good person. I wish him well. And he is retired. That is his choice. … I’m not expecting him to be back.”
To that end the team drafted Andy Dalton from TCU in the second round who will get a chance to win the starting job.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Aaron Hernandez Questioned, Has Home Searched after Killing
- Report: Rob Gronkowski Back Surgery Completed and Successful
- Fantasy Outlook: Patriots RB Stevan Ridley
- The Top 20 Most Memorable Patriots Moments of 2012: Number 5
- New England Patriots Links 6/18/13 - Shane Vereen: Offense Has 'Sour...
- New England Patriots Links 6/17/13 - Leon Washington Hopes to Contribute...
- New England Patriots Links 6/14/13 - WRs: It's Amendola, Everyone Else