Mark Herzlich says he hasn’t decided where he’s going to sign yet
|07.26.11 at 1:07 am ET|
Boston College linebacker Mark Herzlich said late Monday night that he had not made up his mind as to where he’s going to sign as an undrafted free agent.
With the lockout lifted, undrafted free agents free to negotiate with teams as of Monday afternoon, and several reports had Herzlich ticketed for Baltimore. However, he announced on Twitter that he had not yet made a decision, and would make an official statement on his future Tuesday. “For everyone I have not signed with anyone yet and am still making my decision,” he wrote. “Thank you for support and I will give official word tomorrow.”
Herzlich, the 2008 ACC Defensive Player of the Year, was not selected in April’s NFL draft. Despite that, his story remains an inspiration to many, as he overcame Ewing’s sarcoma — he had a titanium rod placed in the leg — and returned to play for BC in 2010.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick