Panthers reportedly re-sign Charles Johnson for $76 million
|07.26.11 at 6:12 pm ET|
Panthers defensive end Charles Johnson was expected to be one of the most sought-after free agents in the wake of the league’s new Collective Bargaining Agreement, but Johnson has decided to stay with the Panthers, according to a report on Pro Football Talk. Per the report, Johnson will sign a 6-year, $76 million deal to stay in Carolina, including a $30 million signing bonus.
The 25-year-old Johnson had 11.5 sacks in a breakout 2010 season, more than doubling his previous career total.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- FA WRs Patriots Should Target This Offseason
- Report: Montee Ball Released by Patriots
- Free-Agent RBs Patriots Should Consider This Offseason
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX