Panthers reportedly re-sign Charles Johnson for $76 million
|07.26.11 at 6:12 pm ET|
Panthers defensive end Charles Johnson was expected to be one of the most sought-after free agents in the wake of the league’s new Collective Bargaining Agreement, but Johnson has decided to stay with the Panthers, according to a report on Pro Football Talk. Per the report, Johnson will sign a 6-year, $76 million deal to stay in Carolina, including a $30 million signing bonus.
The 25-year-old Johnson had 11.5 sacks in a breakout 2010 season, more than doubling his previous career total.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots DT Plans to Recruit Kevin Durant to Celtics
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?