Panthers reportedly re-sign Charles Johnson for $76 million
|07.26.11 at 6:12 pm ET|
Panthers defensive end Charles Johnson was expected to be one of the most sought-after free agents in the wake of the league’s new Collective Bargaining Agreement, but Johnson has decided to stay with the Panthers, according to a report on Pro Football Talk. Per the report, Johnson will sign a 6-year, $76 million deal to stay in Carolina, including a $30 million signing bonus.
The 25-year-old Johnson had 11.5 sacks in a breakout 2010 season, more than doubling his previous career total.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...