Panthers reportedly re-sign Charles Johnson for $76 million
|07.26.11 at 6:12 pm ET|
Panthers defensive end Charles Johnson was expected to be one of the most sought-after free agents in the wake of the league’s new Collective Bargaining Agreement, but Johnson has decided to stay with the Panthers, according to a report on Pro Football Talk. Per the report, Johnson will sign a 6-year, $76 million deal to stay in Carolina, including a $30 million signing bonus.
The 25-year-old Johnson had 11.5 sacks in a breakout 2010 season, more than doubling his previous career total.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick