Panthers reportedly re-sign Charles Johnson for $76 million
|07.26.11 at 6:12 pm ET|
Panthers defensive end Charles Johnson was expected to be one of the most sought-after free agents in the wake of the league’s new Collective Bargaining Agreement, but Johnson has decided to stay with the Panthers, according to a report on Pro Football Talk. Per the report, Johnson will sign a 6-year, $76 million deal to stay in Carolina, including a $30 million signing bonus.
The 25-year-old Johnson had 11.5 sacks in a breakout 2010 season, more than doubling his previous career total.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brady's Struggles Not a Major Concern
- What We've Learned Through Week 2 of Pats Preseason
- Previewing Patriots' Preseason Week 3 Matchup
- Patriots Preseason Week 2 Stock Report
- Report: Edelman's Wk 1 Status Uncertain
- Is Signing Wayne a Smart Move for Pats?
- NFL Files Letter in Response to Brady's Case Examples