Patriots sign Illinois defensive linemen Clay Nurse, Ryan Coulson
|07.26.11 at 11:58 am ET|
Former Illinois defenseman lineman Clay Nurse has tweeted that he has signed with the Patriots.
Tweeted Nurse: “Its a blessing to finally be able to say that…… Im a New England PATROIT!!!!!!!”
The Pats have also reportedly inked former Nevada defensive end Ryan Coulson, according to a tweet from NE Patriots Draft. At 6-foot-2 and 255 pounds, Coulson is likely too small to play end in the Patriots’ 3-4 system, meaning he could potentially be tried as a pass-rushing outside linebacker. He had three and a half sacks as a senior at Nevada. Nurse, 6-foot-3 and 260 pounds, is also a bit undersized to play the five-technique. He had nine sacks over his final two years at Illinois.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...