Patriots sign Illinois defensive linemen Clay Nurse, Ryan Coulson
|07.26.11 at 11:58 am ET|
Former Illinois defenseman lineman Clay Nurse has tweeted that he has signed with the Patriots.
Tweeted Nurse: “Its a blessing to finally be able to say that…… Im a New England PATROIT!!!!!!!”
The Pats have also reportedly inked former Nevada defensive end Ryan Coulson, according to a tweet from NE Patriots Draft. At 6-foot-2 and 255 pounds, Coulson is likely too small to play end in the Patriots’ 3-4 system, meaning he could potentially be tried as a pass-rushing outside linebacker. He had three and a half sacks as a senior at Nevada. Nurse, 6-foot-3 and 260 pounds, is also a bit undersized to play the five-technique. He had nine sacks over his final two years at Illinois.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal