Patriots sign Illinois defensive linemen Clay Nurse, Ryan Coulson
|07.26.11 at 11:58 am ET|
Former Illinois defenseman lineman Clay Nurse has tweeted that he has signed with the Patriots.
Tweeted Nurse: “Its a blessing to finally be able to say that…… Im a New England PATROIT!!!!!!!”
The Pats have also reportedly inked former Nevada defensive end Ryan Coulson, according to a tweet from NE Patriots Draft. At 6-foot-2 and 255 pounds, Coulson is likely too small to play end in the Patriots’ 3-4 system, meaning he could potentially be tried as a pass-rushing outside linebacker. He had three and a half sacks as a senior at Nevada. Nurse, 6-foot-3 and 260 pounds, is also a bit undersized to play the five-technique. He had nine sacks over his final two years at Illinois.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty