Patriots sign Illinois defensive linemen Clay Nurse, Ryan Coulson
|07.26.11 at 11:58 am ET|
Former Illinois defenseman lineman Clay Nurse has tweeted that he has signed with the Patriots.
Tweeted Nurse: “Its a blessing to finally be able to say that…… Im a New England PATROIT!!!!!!!”
The Pats have also reportedly inked former Nevada defensive end Ryan Coulson, according to a tweet from NE Patriots Draft. At 6-foot-2 and 255 pounds, Coulson is likely too small to play end in the Patriots’ 3-4 system, meaning he could potentially be tried as a pass-rushing outside linebacker. He had three and a half sacks as a senior at Nevada. Nurse, 6-foot-3 and 260 pounds, is also a bit undersized to play the five-technique. He had nine sacks over his final two years at Illinois.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Recovery from Back...