Report: Logan Mankins will sign franchise tender, won’t hold out
|07.26.11 at 2:11 pm ET|
It appears the Patriots will not be dealing with a potentially anticipated headache, as ESPN’s Adam Schefter tweeted Tuesday that guard Logan Mankins will sign his franchise tender and report to training camp when it opens Thursday. That means there will be no holdout for Mankins, who sat out the first half of last season over a contract dispute with the team.
Reports emerged last week that Mankins had wanted $10 million or for his unrestricted free agency to be granted in exchange for him dropping the Brady vs. NFL lawsuit, though his agent, Frank Bauer, denied such claims.
“Early this morning, Logan spoke with Bill and both are very happy, happy to get started. Logan is looking forward to being with his teammates and coaches, with a fresh start.”
The Patriots drafted Mankins with the 32nd overall pick of the 2005 draft. In his six-year career, he has made three Pro Bowls and was named an All-Pro in 2007 and 2010. He is among the longest-tenured Pats to have not won a Super Bowl with the team.
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...