Report: Logan Mankins will sign franchise tender, won’t hold out
|07.26.11 at 2:11 pm ET|
It appears the Patriots will not be dealing with a potentially anticipated headache, as ESPN’s Adam Schefter tweeted Tuesday that guard Logan Mankins will sign his franchise tender and report to training camp when it opens Thursday. That means there will be no holdout for Mankins, who sat out the first half of last season over a contract dispute with the team.
Reports emerged last week that Mankins had wanted $10 million or for his unrestricted free agency to be granted in exchange for him dropping the Brady vs. NFL lawsuit, though his agent, Frank Bauer, denied such claims.
“Early this morning, Logan spoke with Bill and both are very happy, happy to get started. Logan is looking forward to being with his teammates and coaches, with a fresh start.”
The Patriots drafted Mankins with the 32nd overall pick of the 2005 draft. In his six-year career, he has made three Pro Bowls and was named an All-Pro in 2007 and 2010. He is among the longest-tenured Pats to have not won a Super Bowl with the team.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Says He Has No Interest in Pursuing Coaching Career
- New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England