Report: Patriots to release Tony Carter
|07.26.11 at 10:02 am ET|
According to a tweet from Fox’s Josina Anderson, the Patriots have told defensive back Tony Carter that they intend to release him.
Carter initially caught on with the Broncos as an undrafted free agent in 2009. He had one tackle in his lone season with the Patriots and was active for just two games. He had a pair of tackles in two games with the Broncos as a rookie.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Garoppolo Comments on Opportunity to Start for Patriots
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL