Report: Patriots to release Tony Carter
|07.26.11 at 10:02 am ET|
According to a tweet from Fox’s Josina Anderson, the Patriots have told defensive back Tony Carter that they intend to release him.
Carter initially caught on with the Broncos as an undrafted free agent in 2009. He had one tackle in his lone season with the Patriots and was active for just two games. He had a pair of tackles in two games with the Broncos as a rookie.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Free-Agent RBs Patriots Should Consider This Offseason
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX
- Patriots Must Focus on Bringing Balance to Offense This Offseason
- Pats Must Use 2016 Offseason to Prep for Big 2017 FA Class