Report: Patriots to release Tony Carter
|07.26.11 at 10:02 am ET|
According to a tweet from Fox’s Josina Anderson, the Patriots have told defensive back Tony Carter that they intend to release him.
Carter initially caught on with the Broncos as an undrafted free agent in 2009. He had one tackle in his lone season with the Patriots and was active for just two games. He had a pair of tackles in two games with the Broncos as a rookie.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?