Report: Patriots to release Tully Banta-Cain
|07.26.11 at 12:17 pm ET|
This will end Banta-Cain’s second tenure in New England, and it comes after news that he had surgery last Friday to repair an abdominal tear.
A seventh-round pick of the Pats in 2003, the California product won Super Bowl rings with New England in Super Bowls 38 and 39, before signing with the 49ers in 2007. He was released in 2009 before catching on with the Pats once again. He had 15 sacks over the last two seasons. His 10 sacks in 2010 led the team.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots