Report: Patriots to release Tully Banta-Cain
|07.26.11 at 12:17 pm ET|
This will end Banta-Cain’s second tenure in New England, and it comes after news that he had surgery last Friday to repair an abdominal tear.
A seventh-round pick of the Pats in 2003, the California product won Super Bowl rings with New England in Super Bowls 38 and 39, before signing with the 49ers in 2007. He was released in 2009 before catching on with the Pats once again. He had 15 sacks over the last two seasons. His 10 sacks in 2010 led the team.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?
- Can Garoppolo Carry Patriots in Brady's Absence?