Report: Patriots to release Tully Banta-Cain
|07.26.11 at 12:17 pm ET|
This will end Banta-Cain’s second tenure in New England, and it comes after news that he had surgery last Friday to repair an abdominal tear.
A seventh-round pick of the Pats in 2003, the California product won Super Bowl rings with New England in Super Bowls 38 and 39, before signing with the 49ers in 2007. He was released in 2009 before catching on with the Pats once again. He had 15 sacks over the last two seasons. His 10 sacks in 2010 led the team.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It
- NFL1000: Why New England's Defense Can Carry Belichick to Another Super...
- Patriots vs. Dolphins: Full Report Card Grades for New England