Report: Patriots to release Tully Banta-Cain
|07.26.11 at 12:17 pm ET|
According to a tweet from ESPN’s Adam Schefter, the Patriots have informed outside linebacker Tully Banta-Cain that he will be released on Thursday.
This will end Banta-Cain’s second tenure in New England, and it comes after news that he had surgery last Friday to repair an abdominal tear.
A seventh-round pick of the Pats in 2003, the California product won Super Bowl rings with New England in Super Bowls 38 and 39, before signing with the 49ers in 2007. He was released in 2009 before catching on with the Pats once again. He had 15 sacks over the last two seasons. His 10 sacks in 2010 led the team.
- Week 14 Game Thread: Patriots vs. Browns
- Patriots vs. Browns: Thompkins, Hoomanawanui Both Inactive
- Belichick on Ridley, Faulk, and Ozzie Newsome
- The Best Around
- New England Patriots Links 12/06/13 - Sunday Spotlight Will Have Pats'...
- Alfonzo Dennard's Sentence Extended
- New England Patriots resign WR Austin Collie