Report: Patriots to release Tully Banta-Cain
|07.26.11 at 12:17 pm ET|
This will end Banta-Cain’s second tenure in New England, and it comes after news that he had surgery last Friday to repair an abdominal tear.
A seventh-round pick of the Pats in 2003, the California product won Super Bowl rings with New England in Super Bowls 38 and 39, before signing with the 49ers in 2007. He was released in 2009 before catching on with the Pats once again. He had 15 sacks over the last two seasons. His 10 sacks in 2010 led the team.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...