Reports: Ravens to release Todd Heap, Derrick Mason, Kelly Gregg, Willis McGahee
|07.26.11 at 1:17 pm ET|
The cuts come as a surprise to some, as Heap and Mason are the top two receivers in Baltimore franchise history. However, the move frees up $18.6 million in salary cap room for the Ravens, who now look to get involved in the NFL’s recently opened free agency period.
The team could still re-sign one or more of the four players to less expensive contracts. Mason told WBAL radio that he wants to stay in Baltimore.
“This is just another chip on my shoulder,” he said. “This is something else that fuels me and makes me try to be as productive as I can, whether that be in Baltimore — and I hope it is — or somewhere else.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video