Reports: Ravens to release Todd Heap, Derrick Mason, Kelly Gregg, Willis McGahee
|07.26.11 at 1:17 pm ET|
The cuts come as a surprise to some, as Heap and Mason are the top two receivers in Baltimore franchise history. However, the move frees up $18.6 million in salary cap room for the Ravens, who now look to get involved in the NFL’s recently opened free agency period.
The team could still re-sign one or more of the four players to less expensive contracts. Mason told WBAL radio that he wants to stay in Baltimore.
“This is just another chip on my shoulder,” he said. “This is something else that fuels me and makes me try to be as productive as I can, whether that be in Baltimore — and I hope it is — or somewhere else.”
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Lewis' Health Could Be Paramount to Pats' Early Season Success
- Brissett Is Patriots' Most Important Rookie
- Malcolm Butler Contract: Latest News, Rumors
- Patriots DT Plans to Recruit Kevin Durant to Celtics
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots