Reports: Ravens to release Todd Heap, Derrick Mason, Kelly Gregg, Willis McGahee
|07.26.11 at 1:17 pm ET|
According to several reports, the Ravens have told tight end Todd Heap, wide receiver Derrick Mason, nose tackle Kelly Gregg and running back Willis McGahee that they will be released.
The cuts come as a surprise to some, as Heap and Mason are the top two receivers in Baltimore franchise history. However, the move frees up $18.6 million in salary cap room for the Ravens, who now look to get involved in the NFL’s recently opened free agency period.
The team could still re-sign one or more of the four players to less expensive contracts. Mason told WBAL radio that he wants to stay in Baltimore.
“This is just another chip on my shoulder,” he said. “This is something else that fuels me and makes me try to be as productive as I can, whether that be in Baltimore — and I hope it is — or somewhere else.”
- New England Patriots Links 12/19/13 - Mankins Likely in at Left Tackle
- And Blount Is Short
- Tom Brady 4th Most Passing Yards; Fewest Receivers
- Patriots DT Vince Wilfork: "I'll Be Back"
- The New England Patriots are Home Alone
- New England Patriots Links 12/18/13 - Patriots-Ravens Looks to be Another...
- Patriots Week 16 Playoff Scenarios