Eric Weddle becomes highest-paid safety in NFL
|07.27.11 at 1:42 pm ET|
If you thought the lockout was the most maddening thing to happen to football recently, here’s a new candiate: The Chargers have made defensive back Eric Weddle the highest-paid safety in NFL history, according to a tweet from his management team. The deal reportedly nets Weddle, a one-time All-Pro, $19 million in guaranteed money.
Weddle, 26, was selected 37th overall by the Chargers out of Utah in the 2007 draft. He had his lone All-Pro season last year.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal