Eric Weddle becomes highest-paid safety in NFL
|07.27.11 at 1:42 pm ET|
If you thought the lockout was the most maddening thing to happen to football recently, here’s a new candiate: The Chargers have made defensive back Eric Weddle the highest-paid safety in NFL history, according to a tweet from his management team. The deal reportedly nets Weddle, a one-time All-Pro, $19 million in guaranteed money.
Weddle, 26, was selected 37th overall by the Chargers out of Utah in the 2007 draft. He had his lone All-Pro season last year.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Says He Has No Interest in Pursuing Coaching Career
- New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England