Eric Weddle becomes highest-paid safety in NFL
|07.27.11 at 1:42 pm ET|
If you thought the lockout was the most maddening thing to happen to football recently, here’s a new candiate: The Chargers have made defensive back Eric Weddle the highest-paid safety in NFL history, according to a tweet from his management team. The deal reportedly nets Weddle, a one-time All-Pro, $19 million in guaranteed money.
Weddle, 26, was selected 37th overall by the Chargers out of Utah in the 2007 draft. He had his lone All-Pro season last year.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Free-Agent RBs Patriots Should Consider This Offseason
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX
- Patriots Must Focus on Bringing Balance to Offense This Offseason
- Pats Must Use 2016 Offseason to Prep for Big 2017 FA Class