Eric Weddle becomes highest-paid safety in NFL
|07.27.11 at 1:42 pm ET|
If you thought the lockout was the most maddening thing to happen to football recently, here’s a new candiate: The Chargers have made defensive back Eric Weddle the highest-paid safety in NFL history, according to a tweet from his management team. The deal reportedly nets Weddle, a one-time All-Pro, $19 million in guaranteed money.
Weddle, 26, was selected 37th overall by the Chargers out of Utah in the 2007 draft. He had his lone All-Pro season last year.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL