Eric Weddle becomes highest-paid safety in NFL
|07.27.11 at 1:42 pm ET|
If you thought the lockout was the most maddening thing to happen to football recently, here’s a new candiate: The Chargers have made defensive back Eric Weddle the highest-paid safety in NFL history, according to a tweet from his management team. The deal reportedly nets Weddle, a one-time All-Pro, $19 million in guaranteed money.
Weddle, 26, was selected 37th overall by the Chargers out of Utah in the 2007 draft. He had his lone All-Pro season last year.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Malcolm Butler Went from One-Play Wonder to Starter
- Roster Projections for New England Patriots
- Brady's Struggles Not a Major Concern
- What We've Learned Through Week 2 of Pats Preseason
- Previewing Patriots' Preseason Week 3 Matchup
- Patriots Preseason Week 2 Stock Report
- Report: Edelman's Wk 1 Status Uncertain