Jets reportedly re-sign Santonio Holmes
|07.27.11 at 10:58 am ET|
The Jets agreed to a five-year contract with free agent wide receiver Santonio Holmes, according to multiple reports. The financial terms are unknown, but it’s been speculated as being worth about $10 million per year.
Holmes has played five years in the league, the first four with the Steelers and last season with the Jets (after a four-game suspension for violating the league’s substance-abuse policy). Last year he had 52 catches for 746 yards and six touchdowns. He was the MVP of Super Bowl XLIII, when the Steelers defeated the Cardinals, 27-23.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick