Jets reportedly re-sign Santonio Holmes
|07.27.11 at 10:58 am ET|
The Jets agreed to a five-year contract with free agent wide receiver Santonio Holmes, according to multiple reports. The financial terms are unknown, but it’s been speculated as being worth about $10 million per year.
Holmes has played five years in the league, the first four with the Steelers and last season with the Jets (after a four-game suspension for violating the league’s substance-abuse policy). Last year he had 52 catches for 746 yards and six touchdowns. He was the MVP of Super Bowl XLIII, when the Steelers defeated the Cardinals, 27-23.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors
- Biggest Challenges Facing New England Patriots in 2017 Offseason
- Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Comeback to Be Made into Book and Feature Film
- Malcolm Butler's Life Story to Be Subject of Biographical Movie
- Julian Edelman Says Jimmy Garoppolo Has Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers...