Jets reportedly re-sign Santonio Holmes
|07.27.11 at 10:58 am ET|
The Jets agreed to a five-year contract with free agent wide receiver Santonio Holmes, according to multiple reports. The financial terms are unknown, but it’s been speculated as being worth about $10 million per year.
Holmes has played five years in the league, the first four with the Steelers and last season with the Jets (after a four-game suspension for violating the league’s substance-abuse policy). Last year he had 52 catches for 746 yards and six touchdowns. He was the MVP of Super Bowl XLIII, when the Steelers defeated the Cardinals, 27-23.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It
- NFL1000: Why New England's Defense Can Carry Belichick to Another Super...