Jets reportedly re-sign Santonio Holmes
|07.27.11 at 10:58 am ET|
The Jets agreed to a five-year contract with free agent wide receiver Santonio Holmes, according to multiple reports. The financial terms are unknown, but it’s been speculated as being worth about $10 million per year.
Holmes has played five years in the league, the first four with the Steelers and last season with the Jets (after a four-game suspension for violating the league’s substance-abuse policy). Last year he had 52 catches for 746 yards and six touchdowns. He was the MVP of Super Bowl XLIII, when the Steelers defeated the Cardinals, 27-23.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal