Jets reportedly re-sign Santonio Holmes
|07.27.11 at 10:58 am ET|
The Jets agreed to a five-year contract with free agent wide receiver Santonio Holmes, according to multiple reports. The financial terms are unknown, but it’s been speculated as being worth about $10 million per year.
Holmes has played five years in the league, the first four with the Steelers and last season with the Jets (after a four-game suspension for violating the league’s substance-abuse policy). Last year he had 52 catches for 746 yards and six touchdowns. He was the MVP of Super Bowl XLIII, when the Steelers defeated the Cardinals, 27-23.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Gronkowski, Patriots Agree to New Contract
- Pats' Notes from Week 1 of Training Camp
- Pats Closing in on Solidifying Starting O-Line
- Predicting Patriots' 1st Wave of Roster Cuts
- Top Position Battle to Watch at Pats Camp
- Judge Sets Brady's Court Date for Aug. 12
- Why Dobson Has Everything to Prove in Patriots Camp