Olindo Mare, Mason Crosby get paydays
|07.27.11 at 3:29 pm ET|
While money has been flying in the NFL the last two days, it hasn’t been limited to the bigger playmakers. A couple of kickers became richer on Wednesday, as mutliple reports have Olindo Mare inking a four-year, $12 million deal with the Panthers and Mason Crosby staying with the Packers on a five-year, $14.75 million deal.
Mare, who had spent the last three seasons with the Seahawks, will reportedly receive a $4 million signing bonus. He made five of seven field goals from between 40 and 49 yards last season, and made one of two attempted kicks from 50 or more yards.
Crosby was drafted by the Packers in the sixth round of the 2007 draft. He made eight of 10 field goals from between 40 and 49 yards last season, and made two of four attempted kicks from 50 or more yards.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know