Olindo Mare, Mason Crosby get paydays
|07.27.11 at 3:29 pm ET|
While money has been flying in the NFL the last two days, it hasn’t been limited to the bigger playmakers. A couple of kickers became richer on Wednesday, as mutliple reports have Olindo Mare inking a four-year, $12 million deal with the Panthers and Mason Crosby staying with the Packers on a five-year, $14.75 million deal.
Mare, who had spent the last three seasons with the Seahawks, will reportedly receive a $4 million signing bonus. He made five of seven field goals from between 40 and 49 yards last season, and made one of two attempted kicks from 50 or more yards.
Crosby was drafted by the Packers in the sixth round of the 2007 draft. He made eight of 10 field goals from between 40 and 49 yards last season, and made two of four attempted kicks from 50 or more yards.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Garoppolo Comments on Opportunity to Start for Patriots
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL