Plaxico Burress says he has meeting with Giants
|07.27.11 at 9:08 am ET|
However, teams are not allowed to meet at their facilities with free agents until Friday, putting the meeting in question.
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that the Giants had internal discussions Tuesday about the possibility of bringing back the 33-year-old Burress, who was released from prison in June after almost two years behind bars on a weapons possession charge. He is on parole for the next two years.
“I really don’t know what I’m going to say,” Burress told the Star-Ledger about Wednesday’s meeting. “I’m just going to go in there tomorrow and speak from the heart, be truthful with him and let him know how I feel. Whatever comes out is going to come out.
“I’m pretty sure there are things he wants to say, too.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX
- Patriots Must Focus on Bringing Balance to Offense This Offseason
- Pats Must Use 2016 Offseason to Prep for Big 2017 FA Class
- Glenn Gronkowski to Meet with Patriots During Senior Bowl