Plaxico Burress says he has meeting with Giants
|07.27.11 at 9:08 am ET|
However, teams are not allowed to meet at their facilities with free agents until Friday, putting the meeting in question.
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that the Giants had internal discussions Tuesday about the possibility of bringing back the 33-year-old Burress, who was released from prison in June after almost two years behind bars on a weapons possession charge. He is on parole for the next two years.
“I really don’t know what I’m going to say,” Burress told the Star-Ledger about Wednesday’s meeting. “I’m just going to go in there tomorrow and speak from the heart, be truthful with him and let him know how I feel. Whatever comes out is going to come out.
“I’m pretty sure there are things he wants to say, too.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Recovery from Back...
- Julian Edelman Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Foot and Return