Plaxico Burress says he has meeting with Giants
|07.27.11 at 9:08 am ET|
However, teams are not allowed to meet at their facilities with free agents until Friday, putting the meeting in question.
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that the Giants had internal discussions Tuesday about the possibility of bringing back the 33-year-old Burress, who was released from prison in June after almost two years behind bars on a weapons possession charge. He is on parole for the next two years.
“I really don’t know what I’m going to say,” Burress told the Star-Ledger about Wednesday’s meeting. “I’m just going to go in there tomorrow and speak from the heart, be truthful with him and let him know how I feel. Whatever comes out is going to come out.
“I’m pretty sure there are things he wants to say, too.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It
- NFL1000: Why New England's Defense Can Carry Belichick to Another Super...