Plaxico Burress says he has meeting with Giants
|07.27.11 at 9:08 am ET|
Former Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress said Tuesday that he has a meeting scheduled for Wednesday with Giants coach Tom Coughlin. “It’s going to be crazy,” Burress told the Newark Star-Ledger.
However, teams are not allowed to meet at their facilities with free agents until Friday, putting the meeting in question.
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that the Giants had internal discussions Tuesday about the possibility of bringing back the 33-year-old Burress, who was released from prison in June after almost two years behind bars on a weapons possession charge. He is on parole for the next two years.
“I really don’t know what I’m going to say,” Burress told the Star-Ledger about Wednesday’s meeting. “I’m just going to go in there tomorrow and speak from the heart, be truthful with him and let him know how I feel. Whatever comes out is going to come out.
“I’m pretty sure there are things he wants to say, too.”
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick