Report: Broncos trade Jabar Gaffney to Redskins
|07.27.11 at 2:35 pm ET|
According to a tweet from ESPN’s Adam Schefter, the Redskins and Broncos have swung a trade that will send former Patriots receiver Jabar Gaffney to Washington and defensive end Jeremy Jarmon to Denver.
Gaffney spent parts of three seasons with the Patriots before taking a four-year, $10 million deal with the Broncos. While his receptions and receiving yards were the best of his career in his two years in Denver, he never came close to the five touchdowns he had in 2007 with the Patriots. Gaffney had two touchdowns in each of his two years with the Broncos.
The trade will reunite Gaffney with another former Patriots in Donte’ Stallworth, whom the Redskins signed on Wednesday. The two played together in New England in 2007, Stallworth’s only season with the Patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know