Report: Broncos trade Jabar Gaffney to Redskins
|07.27.11 at 2:35 pm ET|
According to a tweet from ESPN’s Adam Schefter, the Redskins and Broncos have swung a trade that will send former Patriots receiver Jabar Gaffney to Washington and defensive end Jeremy Jarmon to Denver.
Gaffney spent parts of three seasons with the Patriots before taking a four-year, $10 million deal with the Broncos. While his receptions and receiving yards were the best of his career in his two years in Denver, he never came close to the five touchdowns he had in 2007 with the Patriots. Gaffney had two touchdowns in each of his two years with the Broncos.
The trade will reunite Gaffney with another former Patriots in Donte’ Stallworth, whom the Redskins signed on Wednesday. The two played together in New England in 2007, Stallworth’s only season with the Patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?