Report: Broncos trade Jabar Gaffney to Redskins
|07.27.11 at 2:35 pm ET|
According to a tweet from ESPN’s Adam Schefter, the Redskins and Broncos have swung a trade that will send former Patriots receiver Jabar Gaffney to Washington and defensive end Jeremy Jarmon to Denver.
Gaffney spent parts of three seasons with the Patriots before taking a four-year, $10 million deal with the Broncos. While his receptions and receiving yards were the best of his career in his two years in Denver, he never came close to the five touchdowns he had in 2007 with the Patriots. Gaffney had two touchdowns in each of his two years with the Broncos.
The trade will reunite Gaffney with another former Patriots in Donte’ Stallworth, whom the Redskins signed on Wednesday. The two played together in New England in 2007, Stallworth’s only season with the Patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video