Report: Broncos trade Jabar Gaffney to Redskins
|07.27.11 at 2:35 pm ET|
According to a tweet from ESPN’s Adam Schefter, the Redskins and Broncos have swung a trade that will send former Patriots receiver Jabar Gaffney to Washington and defensive end Jeremy Jarmon to Denver.
Gaffney spent parts of three seasons with the Patriots before taking a four-year, $10 million deal with the Broncos. While his receptions and receiving yards were the best of his career in his two years in Denver, he never came close to the five touchdowns he had in 2007 with the Patriots. Gaffney had two touchdowns in each of his two years with the Broncos.
The trade will reunite Gaffney with another former Patriots in Donte’ Stallworth, whom the Redskins signed on Wednesday. The two played together in New England in 2007, Stallworth’s only season with the Patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction