Report: Matt Leinart to sign with Texans
|07.27.11 at 3:39 pm ET|
Quarterback Matt Leinart has reportedly agreed to a two-year deal with the Texans, according to a tweet from John McClain. The signing would eliminate the chances of a Leinart-Pete Carroll reunion in Seattle.
According to a tweet from Adam Schefter, the deal will net the former Southern California star $5.5 million, with $3.75 million guaranteed.
Leinart signed a one-year deal with the Texans last September, but failed to take a snap in 2010. He will join Matt Schaub, Dan Orlovsky and rookie T.J. Yates as the four playcallers in Houston’s training camp.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX
- Patriots Must Focus on Bringing Balance to Offense This Offseason
- Pats Must Use 2016 Offseason to Prep for Big 2017 FA Class
- Glenn Gronkowski to Meet with Patriots During Senior Bowl