Report: Matt Leinart to sign with Texans
|07.27.11 at 3:39 pm ET|
Quarterback Matt Leinart has reportedly agreed to a two-year deal with the Texans, according to a tweet from John McClain. The signing would eliminate the chances of a Leinart-Pete Carroll reunion in Seattle.
According to a tweet from Adam Schefter, the deal will net the former Southern California star $5.5 million, with $3.75 million guaranteed.
Leinart signed a one-year deal with the Texans last September, but failed to take a snap in 2010. He will join Matt Schaub, Dan Orlovsky and rookie T.J. Yates as the four playcallers in Houston’s training camp.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brady's Struggles Not a Major Concern
- What We've Learned Through Week 2 of Pats Preseason
- Previewing Patriots' Preseason Week 3 Matchup
- Patriots Preseason Week 2 Stock Report
- Report: Edelman's Wk 1 Status Uncertain
- Is Signing Wayne a Smart Move for Pats?
- NFL Files Letter in Response to Brady's Case Examples