Report: Panthers re-sign DeAngelo Williams
|07.27.11 at 2:18 pm ET|
According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Panthers have retained running back DeAngelo Williams with a five-year, $43 million deal that includes $21 million guaranteed.
The Panthers chose Williams 27th overall in the 2006 draft, making him the third running back selected in that draft behind Reggie Bush (second overall) and Laurence Maroney (21st overall). Injuries have hindered Williams’ production over the last two seasons, though he rushed for 1,515 yards with 18 touchdowns in the 2008 season.
This is Carolina’s second big re-signing in as many days, as they gave defensive end Charles Johnson $76 million over six years on Tuesday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL