Report: Panthers re-sign DeAngelo Williams
|07.27.11 at 2:18 pm ET|
According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Panthers have retained running back DeAngelo Williams with a five-year, $43 million deal that includes $21 million guaranteed.
The Panthers chose Williams 27th overall in the 2006 draft, making him the third running back selected in that draft behind Reggie Bush (second overall) and Laurence Maroney (21st overall). Injuries have hindered Williams’ production over the last two seasons, though he rushed for 1,515 yards with 18 touchdowns in the 2008 season.
This is Carolina’s second big re-signing in as many days, as they gave defensive end Charles Johnson $76 million over six years on Tuesday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brady's Struggles Not a Major Concern
- What We've Learned Through Week 2 of Pats Preseason
- Previewing Patriots' Preseason Week 3 Matchup
- Patriots Preseason Week 2 Stock Report
- Report: Edelman's Wk 1 Status Uncertain
- Is Signing Wayne a Smart Move for Pats?
- NFL Files Letter in Response to Brady's Case Examples