Report: Panthers re-sign DeAngelo Williams
|07.27.11 at 2:18 pm ET|
According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Panthers have retained running back DeAngelo Williams with a five-year, $43 million deal that includes $21 million guaranteed.
The Panthers chose Williams 27th overall in the 2006 draft, making him the third running back selected in that draft behind Reggie Bush (second overall) and Laurence Maroney (21st overall). Injuries have hindered Williams’ production over the last two seasons, though he rushed for 1,515 yards with 18 touchdowns in the 2008 season.
This is Carolina’s second big re-signing in as many days, as they gave defensive end Charles Johnson $76 million over six years on Tuesday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Chandler's Updated Fantasy Outlook After Gronkowski's Injury
- Despite First Loss, Pats Still in Driver's Seat for AFC's No. 1 Seed
- Pats' Super Bowl Hopes May Hinge on Gronk's Status
- Gronk Carted off with Knee Injury
- Brady Ties Marino on All-Time Passing TD List
- Pats Game Plan for Broncos Game
- Patriots Week 12 Stock Report