Report: Randy Moss to Jets?
|07.27.11 at 12:56 pm ET|
If Randy Moss is truly motivated to become the elite receiver he once was, there might be no better way to stick it in New England’s face than by signing with the Jets. According to the NFL Network’s Jason La Canfora, that just might happen.
To take it even further, Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News tweeted with a source telling him, “I think it’s going to happen.”
Moss went through three teams last season, the final year of his three-year, $27 million deal signed in 2008. The Patriots shipped him to the Vikings after Week 4 in exchange for a third-round pick (the pick, somewhat ironically given the polarizing nature of both players, was spent on Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett). The Vikings waived him after Week 8, and he caught on with the Titans, totaling just six receptions in the final eight games of the season. He finished the season with 28 receptions for 393 yards and five touchdowns, making it statistically the worst campaign of his career.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Terrance Knighton Cut by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE