Report: Redskins ink former Jet Kellen Clemens
|07.27.11 at 3:40 pm ET|
In the midst of potentially trading veteran quarterback Donovan McNabb, the Redskins have reportedly signed Kellen Clemens to a one-year deal, according to a tweet from Adam Schefter.
After a four-year career at Oregon, Clemens was drafted by the Jets in the second round, 49th overall, of the 2006 draft. Clemens has played sparingly throughout his five-year career, only seeing serious playing time in 2007. Filling in for a struggling Chad Pennington, Clemens started eight games that season, compiling 1,529 yards, five touchdowns and 10 interceptions. Since then, he has started just one game, in 2009.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick