Report: Titans sign Matt Hasselbeck to multiyear deal
|07.27.11 at 8:26 am ET|
The Titans came to an agreement with former Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck on a multiyear deal, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter. Hasselbeck played 14 games last year with the Seahawks and threw for 3,001 yards and 12 touchdowns. Hasselbeck had been with the Seahawks for 10 seasons.
The Titans were entering 2011 with some uncertainty at quarterback as they had three QBs start games for them last season. Vince Young opened the season as the starter and played eight games before suffering a thumb injury and being placed on injured reserve. In January, Titans owner Bud Adams said in a press release that Young would no longer be a part of the Titans franchise. Veteran Kerry Collins, who started seven games for Tennessee last season, was slated to be the team’s starter, but the job now could go to Hasselbeck.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL