Report: Titans sign Matt Hasselbeck to multiyear deal
|07.27.11 at 8:26 am ET|
The Titans came to an agreement with former Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck on a multiyear deal, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter. Hasselbeck played 14 games last year with the Seahawks and threw for 3,001 yards and 12 touchdowns. Hasselbeck had been with the Seahawks for 10 seasons.
The Titans were entering 2011 with some uncertainty at quarterback as they had three QBs start games for them last season. Vince Young opened the season as the starter and played eight games before suffering a thumb injury and being placed on injured reserve. In January, Titans owner Bud Adams said in a press release that Young would no longer be a part of the Titans franchise. Veteran Kerry Collins, who started seven games for Tennessee last season, was slated to be the team’s starter, but the job now could go to Hasselbeck.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick