Veteran running back Sammy Morris signs one-year deal to return to New England
|07.27.11 at 5:06 pm ET|
Running back Sammy Morris signed a one-year deal with the Patriots on Wednesday afternoon, according to his agent, Mark Slough. Terms were not disclosed. The 34-year-old Morris has spent the last four years in New England, and rushed for 56 yards in limited action last season.
He’ll be part of what will likely be a very crowded backfield this season, as BenJarvus Green-Ellis and Danny Woodhead are expected to return, while rookies Stevan Ridley and Shane Vereen will be added to the mix as well. In addition, veteran Kevin Faulk remains a free agent who could also be back.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty