Veteran running back Sammy Morris signs one-year deal to return to New England
|07.27.11 at 5:06 pm ET|
Running back Sammy Morris signed a one-year deal with the Patriots on Wednesday afternoon, according to his agent, Mark Slough. Terms were not disclosed. The 34-year-old Morris has spent the last four years in New England, and rushed for 56 yards in limited action last season.
He’ll be part of what will likely be a very crowded backfield this season, as BenJarvus Green-Ellis and Danny Woodhead are expected to return, while rookies Stevan Ridley and Shane Vereen will be added to the mix as well. In addition, veteran Kevin Faulk remains a free agent who could also be back.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Pros, Cons of Patriots' Offensive Line Shuffling
- What's the Secret to Lewis' Sudden Stardom?
- Blount and Lewis Are Perfect 1-2 Punch in Pats Backfield
- Adjustments Patriots Must Make After Bye Week
- Where Does Brady's Hot Start Rank?
- Report: Bears Trade LB Bostic to Pats
- Taking Stock of Pats Ahead of Week 4 Bye