Veteran running back Sammy Morris signs one-year deal to return to New England
|07.27.11 at 5:06 pm ET|
Running back Sammy Morris signed a one-year deal with the Patriots on Wednesday afternoon, according to his agent, Mark Slough. Terms were not disclosed. The 34-year-old Morris has spent the last four years in New England, and rushed for 56 yards in limited action last season.
He’ll be part of what will likely be a very crowded backfield this season, as BenJarvus Green-Ellis and Danny Woodhead are expected to return, while rookies Stevan Ridley and Shane Vereen will be added to the mix as well. In addition, veteran Kevin Faulk remains a free agent who could also be back.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors
- Biggest Challenges Facing New England Patriots in 2017 Offseason
- Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Comeback to Be Made into Book and Feature Film
- Malcolm Butler's Life Story to Be Subject of Biographical Movie