Patriots sign third-round pick Stevan Ridley
|07.28.11 at 4:10 pm ET|
The Patriots signed third-round pick running back Stevan Ridley on Thursday, as his agent announced the pact via twitter. Tweeted agent Andy Simms: “Stevan Ridley is all ready to join Patriots. Signed this morning.”
The Pats took running backs in back-to-back rounds in April’s draft, as they selected Cal’s Shane Vereen in the second round before tabbing Ridley out of LSU in the third. The two will join Danny Woodhead, Sammy Morris and BenJarvus Green-Ellis, all three of whom will be returning from last year’s team.
Not blessed with tremendous speed, Ridley is a hard runner who figures to contribute more by running running at people than by trying to maneuver around them. He wasn’t a contributor in the passing game in college and doesn’t figure to be in the NFL. Ridley had 1,147 yards on 249 carries last year as a junior. He had 15 rushing touchdowns.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...