Patriots sign third-round pick Stevan Ridley
|07.28.11 at 4:10 pm ET|
The Patriots signed third-round pick running back Stevan Ridley on Thursday, as his agent announced the pact via twitter. Tweeted agent Andy Simms: “Stevan Ridley is all ready to join Patriots. Signed this morning.”
The Pats took running backs in back-to-back rounds in April’s draft, as they selected Cal’s Shane Vereen in the second round before tabbing Ridley out of LSU in the third. The two will join Danny Woodhead, Sammy Morris and BenJarvus Green-Ellis, all three of whom will be returning from last year’s team.
Not blessed with tremendous speed, Ridley is a hard runner who figures to contribute more by running running at people than by trying to maneuver around them. He wasn’t a contributor in the passing game in college and doesn’t figure to be in the NFL. Ridley had 1,147 yards on 249 carries last year as a junior. He had 15 rushing touchdowns.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied