Report: 49ers to release Nate Clements
|07.28.11 at 12:21 pm ET|
According to a tweet from Jason LaCanfora of the NFL Network, the 49ers have informed cornerback Nate Clements that they will be releasing him. The team had given the former Bills’ first-round pick an eight-year, $80 million contract prior to the 2007 season, which at the time was the biggest contract for a defensive player in NFL history.
Clements had 82 tackles and three interceptions last season, which were both the most he had since his debut season in San Francisco.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Malcolm Butler Contract: Latest News, Rumors
- Patriots DT Plans to Recruit Kevin Durant to Celtics
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense