Report: 49ers to release Nate Clements
|07.28.11 at 12:21 pm ET|
According to a tweet from Jason LaCanfora of the NFL Network, the 49ers have informed cornerback Nate Clements that they will be releasing him. The team had given the former Bills’ first-round pick an eight-year, $80 million contract prior to the 2007 season, which at the time was the biggest contract for a defensive player in NFL history.
Clements had 82 tackles and three interceptions last season, which were both the most he had since his debut season in San Francisco.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots
- Patriots Last-Minute 7-Round Mock Draft and Top-100 Big Board
- What Are the Patriots' Long-Term Needs?