Report: 49ers to release Nate Clements
|07.28.11 at 12:21 pm ET|
According to a tweet from Jason LaCanfora of the NFL Network, the 49ers have informed cornerback Nate Clements that they will be releasing him. The team had given the former Bills’ first-round pick an eight-year, $80 million contract prior to the 2007 season, which at the time was the biggest contract for a defensive player in NFL history.
Clements had 82 tackles and three interceptions last season, which were both the most he had since his debut season in San Francisco.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It
- NFL1000: Why New England's Defense Can Carry Belichick to Another Super...
- Patriots vs. Dolphins: Full Report Card Grades for New England