Report: 49ers to release Nate Clements
|07.28.11 at 12:21 pm ET|
According to a tweet from Jason LaCanfora of the NFL Network, the 49ers have informed cornerback Nate Clements that they will be releasing him. The team had given the former Bills’ first-round pick an eight-year, $80 million contract prior to the 2007 season, which at the time was the biggest contract for a defensive player in NFL history.
Clements had 82 tackles and three interceptions last season, which were both the most he had since his debut season in San Francisco.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...