Bills sign third-overall pick Marcell Dareus
|07.29.11 at 3:54 pm ET|
The Bills have signed first-round pick (third overall) defensive tackle Marcell Dareus to a four-year contract with an option for a fifth year, the team announced on its website Friday. NFL Network’s Jason La Canfora reported that the deal was worth $20.4 million over the four years with all the money being guaranteed.
Dareus was an All-SEC First Team selection for Alabama in 2010 after he posted 34 tackles (11 for loss) and 4 1/2 sacks. He told BuffaloBills.com, “It’s crazy. You can’t explain it. It’s a dream come true. You go from one step to the next and to finally get to the point where you sign your name on the dotted line, I couldn’t even wait for the ink to dry.”
He should help a Bills defense that allowed the most rushing yards per game (169.6) last season while also ranking 27th in sacks. For more on Dareus, check out Christopher Price’s pre-draft profile on him.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL