Bills sign third-overall pick Marcell Dareus
|07.29.11 at 3:54 pm ET|
The Bills have signed first-round pick (third overall) defensive tackle Marcell Dareus to a four-year contract with an option for a fifth year, the team announced on its website Friday. NFL Network’s Jason La Canfora reported that the deal was worth $20.4 million over the four years with all the money being guaranteed.
Dareus was an All-SEC First Team selection for Alabama in 2010 after he posted 34 tackles (11 for loss) and 4 1/2 sacks. He told BuffaloBills.com, “It’s crazy. You can’t explain it. It’s a dream come true. You go from one step to the next and to finally get to the point where you sign your name on the dotted line, I couldn’t even wait for the ink to dry.”
He should help a Bills defense that allowed the most rushing yards per game (169.6) last season while also ranking 27th in sacks. For more on Dareus, check out Christopher Price’s pre-draft profile on him.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal