Falcons reportedly lock up DE Ray Edwards, OT Tyson Clabo
|07.29.11 at 2:13 pm ET|
The Falcons inked a pair of linemen Friday, one for each side of the football.
FOX Sport’s Jay Glazer tweeted that Atlanta had signed former Vikings defensive end Ray Edwards to a five-year deal. The amount of money owed to Edwards in the deal was not disclosed. Edwards had 29½ sacks for Minnesota over the last five seasons, including eight last season.
According to an Associated Press report, offensive tackle Tyson Clabo also signed a five-year deal, worth $25 million ($11.5 million guaranteed). For three straight seasons, he has started in all 16 games for Atlanta. Edwards made the Pro Bowl for the first time in 2010.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...