Falcons reportedly lock up DE Ray Edwards, OT Tyson Clabo
|07.29.11 at 2:13 pm ET|
The Falcons inked a pair of linemen Friday, one for each side of the football.
FOX Sport’s Jay Glazer tweeted that Atlanta had signed former Vikings defensive end Ray Edwards to a five-year deal. The amount of money owed to Edwards in the deal was not disclosed. Edwards had 29½ sacks for Minnesota over the last five seasons, including eight last season.
According to an Associated Press report, offensive tackle Tyson Clabo also signed a five-year deal, worth $25 million ($11.5 million guaranteed). For three straight seasons, he has started in all 16 games for Atlanta. Edwards made the Pro Bowl for the first time in 2010.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Glenn Gronkowski to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and...
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...