Falcons reportedly lock up DE Ray Edwards, OT Tyson Clabo
|07.29.11 at 2:13 pm ET|
The Falcons inked a pair of linemen Friday, one for each side of the football.
FOX Sport’s Jay Glazer tweeted that Atlanta had signed former Vikings defensive end Ray Edwards to a five-year deal. The amount of money owed to Edwards in the deal was not disclosed. Edwards had 29½ sacks for Minnesota over the last five seasons, including eight last season.
According to an Associated Press report, offensive tackle Tyson Clabo also signed a five-year deal, worth $25 million ($11.5 million guaranteed). For three straight seasons, he has started in all 16 games for Atlanta. Edwards made the Pro Bowl for the first time in 2010.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied