Falcons reportedly lock up DE Ray Edwards, OT Tyson Clabo
|07.29.11 at 2:13 pm ET|
The Falcons inked a pair of linemen Friday, one for each side of the football.
FOX Sport’s Jay Glazer tweeted that Atlanta had signed former Vikings defensive end Ray Edwards to a five-year deal. The amount of money owed to Edwards in the deal was not disclosed. Edwards had 29½ sacks for Minnesota over the last five seasons, including eight last season.
According to an Associated Press report, offensive tackle Tyson Clabo also signed a five-year deal, worth $25 million ($11.5 million guaranteed). For three straight seasons, he has started in all 16 games for Atlanta. Edwards made the Pro Bowl for the first time in 2010.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?