Report: Dolphins to sign Matt Moore, no longer interested in Kyle Orton
|07.29.11 at 1:30 pm ET|
Drafted in 2005, Orton posted the lowest quarterback rating (59.7) of any QB with at least 224 pass attempts his rookie year. His best season came in 2008, when he earned the starting job in Chicago over Rex Grossman. The Bears finished 9-7 that season, missing the playoffs by one game. Orton started Denver’s first 13 games last season, leading the team to a 3-10 record. The former Purdue Boilermaker threw for 3,653 yards, 20 touchdowns and nine interceptions last season.
With Tim Tebow the clear leader of the Broncos, Orton remains on the trading block.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick