Report: Dolphins to sign Matt Moore, no longer interested in Kyle Orton
|07.29.11 at 1:30 pm ET|
The Broncos don’t want Kyle Orton, and neither do the Dolphins.
The two teams had previously been discussing a trade, but Miami has reportedly agreed to terms on a two-year deal with former Panthers quarterback Matt Moore, according to a tweet from John Clayton.
Drafted in 2005, Orton posted the lowest quarterback rating (59.7) of any QB with at least 224 pass attempts his rookie year. His best season came in 2008, when he earned the starting job in Chicago over Rex Grossman. The Bears finished 9-7 that season, missing the playoffs by one game. Orton started Denver’s first 13 games last season, leading the team to a 3-10 record. The former Purdue Boilermaker threw for 3,653 yards, 20 touchdowns and nine interceptions last season.
With Tim Tebow the clear leader of the Broncos, Orton remains on the trading block.
- Patriots Are Reliant on Rookies, But Still Winning
- New England Patriots Links 12/04/13 - Patriots Preparing For All Browns...
- NFL Playoff Picture: Where do the Patriots Stand After 12 Games?
- Turning Heel
- New England Patriots Links 12/03/13 - Brady, Patriots Heat Up in December
- Patriots vs. Texans: By the Numbers
- Patriots vs. Texans: Fan Notes from the Game