Report: Dolphins to sign Matt Moore, no longer interested in Kyle Orton
|07.29.11 at 1:30 pm ET|
Drafted in 2005, Orton posted the lowest quarterback rating (59.7) of any QB with at least 224 pass attempts his rookie year. His best season came in 2008, when he earned the starting job in Chicago over Rex Grossman. The Bears finished 9-7 that season, missing the playoffs by one game. Orton started Denver’s first 13 games last season, leading the team to a 3-10 record. The former Purdue Boilermaker threw for 3,653 yards, 20 touchdowns and nine interceptions last season.
With Tim Tebow the clear leader of the Broncos, Orton remains on the trading block.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England