Report: Marcus Spears re-signs with Cowboys
|07.29.11 at 4:14 pm ET|
Perhaps an opening for the recently cut Ty Warren just closed.
The Cowboys signed defensive end Marcus Spears to a five-year deal worth $19.2 million, according to a tweet from ESPN’s Adam Schefter. Spears had only 19 tackles and zero sacks in nine games for Dallas last season before missing the rest of the season with a torn calf. He had played in all 16 games for the Cowboys in the previous five seasons, his first five years in the league. (For more on Spears, check out Christopher Price’s profile on him back when he was still a free agent.)
A Fort Worth Star-Telegram report had stated that Warren, a former Texas A&M and Bryan (Tx.) High School star, was interested in joining the Cowboys next season, although the re-signing of Spears may hurt the chances of that occurring as well as any potential Nnamdi Asomugha deal.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brady's Struggles Not a Major Concern
- What We've Learned Through Week 2 of Pats Preseason
- Previewing Patriots' Preseason Week 3 Matchup
- Patriots Preseason Week 2 Stock Report
- Report: Edelman's Wk 1 Status Uncertain
- Is Signing Wayne a Smart Move for Pats?
- NFL Files Letter in Response to Brady's Case Examples