Report: Marcus Spears re-signs with Cowboys
|07.29.11 at 4:14 pm ET|
Perhaps an opening for the recently cut Ty Warren just closed.
The Cowboys signed defensive end Marcus Spears to a five-year deal worth $19.2 million, according to a tweet from ESPN’s Adam Schefter. Spears had only 19 tackles and zero sacks in nine games for Dallas last season before missing the rest of the season with a torn calf. He had played in all 16 games for the Cowboys in the previous five seasons, his first five years in the league. (For more on Spears, check out Christopher Price’s profile on him back when he was still a free agent.)
A Fort Worth Star-Telegram report had stated that Warren, a former Texas A&M and Bryan (Tx.) High School star, was interested in joining the Cowboys next season, although the re-signing of Spears may hurt the chances of that occurring as well as any potential Nnamdi Asomugha deal.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick