Report: Raiders sign Jared Gaither
|07.29.11 at 5:33 pm ET|
The exodus of Robert Gallery to Seattle left a hole in a somewhat struggling Oakland offensive line. But the Raiders and owner/GM Al Davis looked to fill that hole when they agreed to sign offensive tackle Jared Gaither on Friday, according to a tweet by Vittorio Tafur of the San Francisco Chronicle.
The Raiders had a solid run offense in 2010 as they ranked second in the league with 2,494 rushing yards last season. But the offensive line struggled to protect quarterback Jason Campbell and others in the backfield during passing situations. The team allowed the sixth-most sacks in the NFL during 2010 with 44.
Gaither, however, could be a bit of a risk for the Raiders. He didn’t play a down last season due to a thoracic disc injury and has played in all 16 games just once during his four-year career in the NFL.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Amendola, Patriots Agree to New Contract
- How Rookie Cyrus Jones Fits in Patriots Defense
- Patriots Long Snapper, May Leave Team to Fulfill Navy Duty
- Scarnecchia Has Tall Task Developing Pats' Young Offensive Line
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld