Report: Raiders sign Jared Gaither
|07.29.11 at 5:33 pm ET|
The exodus of Robert Gallery to Seattle left a hole in a somewhat struggling Oakland offensive line. But the Raiders and owner/GM Al Davis looked to fill that hole when they agreed to sign offensive tackle Jared Gaither on Friday, according to a tweet by Vittorio Tafur of the San Francisco Chronicle.
The Raiders had a solid run offense in 2010 as they ranked second in the league with 2,494 rushing yards last season. But the offensive line struggled to protect quarterback Jason Campbell and others in the backfield during passing situations. The team allowed the sixth-most sacks in the NFL during 2010 with 44.
Gaither, however, could be a bit of a risk for the Raiders. He didn’t play a down last season due to a thoracic disc injury and has played in all 16 games just once during his four-year career in the NFL.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...