Report: Roy Williams signing with Bears
|07.29.11 at 2:48 pm ET|
Roy Williams is headed back to the NFC North.
The former Cowboys wide receiver will sign with the Bears, according to a report by NFL Network’s Jason La Canfora. The move will hook him up with Chicago offensive coordinator Mike Martz, who coached Williams under the same position during the latter’s time in Detroit.
Williams was a disappointment in Dallas following a 2008 trade in which the Cowboys shipped four draft pick to the Lions in exchange for the wideout. He caught only 94 passes in 40 games during his 2½-year stay in Dallas, including just 37 in 2010.
The Bears could certainly use Williams’ performance to return to form as it only had two receivers with more than 40 receptions last season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Pats' 13th Straight Season With 10+ Wins
- Patriots vs. Broncos: Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Amendola, LaFell, White's Post-Week 11 Fantasy Advice
- Once Again, the Patriots Find a Way to Stay Perfect
- White Has Potential to Fill Patriots' 3rd-Down Role
- Latest on Danny Amendola's Knee Injury
- Pats' 'Next Man Up' Philosophy Faces Tough Challenge