Report: Roy Williams signing with Bears
|07.29.11 at 2:48 pm ET|
Roy Williams is headed back to the NFC North.
The former Cowboys wide receiver will sign with the Bears, according to a report by NFL Network’s Jason La Canfora. The move will hook him up with Chicago offensive coordinator Mike Martz, who coached Williams under the same position during the latter’s time in Detroit.
Williams was a disappointment in Dallas following a 2008 trade in which the Cowboys shipped four draft pick to the Lions in exchange for the wideout. He caught only 94 passes in 40 games during his 2½-year stay in Dallas, including just 37 in 2010.
The Bears could certainly use Williams’ performance to return to form as it only had two receivers with more than 40 receptions last season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied