Reports: Vince Young headed to Philadelphia, signs with Eagles
|07.29.11 at 1:37 pm ET|
Vince Young has a new home. The former Titans quarterback, who was released by the team on Thursday, has signed with the Eagles, according to multiple reports. NFL Network’s Albert Breer tweeted the deal was for one year and that the former Heisman runner-up would sign it on Friday.
Young played in nine games (eight starts) for Tennessee last season and threw for 1,255 yards, 10 touchdowns and three interceptions over that time for a quarterback rating of 98.6. However, he feuded with longtime Titans coach Jeff Fisher to the point where Fisher told owner Bud Adams that Young had to leave town or he would. Adams obviously chose the coach in that arrangement, despite Young’s 30-18 record as a starter over his five years in Tennessee.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video
- Photos of Tom Brady's Previously Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Revealed
- New England Patriots: Updated Draft Big Board After First Wave of Free...