Reports: Vince Young headed to Philadelphia, signs with Eagles
|07.29.11 at 1:37 pm ET|
Vince Young has a new home. The former Titans quarterback, who was released by the team on Thursday, has signed with the Eagles, according to multiple reports. NFL Network’s Albert Breer tweeted the deal was for one year and that the former Heisman runner-up would sign it on Friday.
Young played in nine games (eight starts) for Tennessee last season and threw for 1,255 yards, 10 touchdowns and three interceptions over that time for a quarterback rating of 98.6. However, he feuded with longtime Titans coach Jeff Fisher to the point where Fisher told owner Bud Adams that Young had to leave town or he would. Adams obviously chose the coach in that arrangement, despite Young’s 30-18 record as a starter over his five years in Tennessee.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX
- Patriots Must Focus on Bringing Balance to Offense This Offseason
- Pats Must Use 2016 Offseason to Prep for Big 2017 FA Class
- Glenn Gronkowski to Meet with Patriots During Senior Bowl