Reports: Vince Young headed to Philadelphia, signs with Eagles
|07.29.11 at 1:37 pm ET|
Vince Young has a new home. The former Titans quarterback, who was released by the team on Thursday, has signed with the Eagles, according to multiple reports. NFL Network’s Albert Breer tweeted the deal was for one year and that the former Heisman runner-up would sign it on Friday.
Young played in nine games (eight starts) for Tennessee last season and threw for 1,255 yards, 10 touchdowns and three interceptions over that time for a quarterback rating of 98.6. However, he feuded with longtime Titans coach Jeff Fisher to the point where Fisher told owner Bud Adams that Young had to leave town or he would. Adams obviously chose the coach in that arrangement, despite Young’s 30-18 record as a starter over his five years in Tennessee.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick