Reports: Vince Young headed to Philadelphia, signs with Eagles
|07.29.11 at 1:37 pm ET|
Vince Young has a new home. The former Titans quarterback, who was released by the team on Thursday, has signed with the Eagles, according to multiple reports. NFL Network’s Albert Breer tweeted the deal was for one year and that the former Heisman runner-up would sign it on Friday.
Young played in nine games (eight starts) for Tennessee last season and threw for 1,255 yards, 10 touchdowns and three interceptions over that time for a quarterback rating of 98.6. However, he feuded with longtime Titans coach Jeff Fisher to the point where Fisher told owner Bud Adams that Young had to leave town or he would. Adams obviously chose the coach in that arrangement, despite Young’s 30-18 record as a starter over his five years in Tennessee.
2015 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2015 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Realistic Trade Partners for Patriots in NFL Draft
- Patriots Must Move to Re-Sign Connolly
- Patriots Rapid-Fire Predictions for NFL Draft
- Making Pats' Case for Jordan Phillips
- Potential Day One Starters for the Patriots
- Why Easley Is Patriots' Most Overlooked Starter
- Best, Worst Case Scenarios for Pats' Top 3 Picks