Tom Brady can already feel the ‘energy’ of Chad Ochocinco
|07.29.11 at 2:01 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The one thing Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has never had on the practice field is another player who could challenge his celebrity status.
‘I’ve known Chad for a long time,” said Brady, answering the first question asked of him in his first general media availability after the lockout. “I’ve watched him for a long time, and he brings a lot of energy to the team. We’re looking forward to everyone being out there and trying to get better. I’ve [seen] a lot of trades and a lot of transactions over the course of my career. Guys have come and gone, and I’m always excited to get great players.
‘He’s been a very prolific receiver. I think he’s had a bunch of production over the years. Hopefully he can come in here and find a role on this team, as we’re all trying to do. We’re all trying to come out here and see what we can make of this year, and see what kind of role we can make for ourselves.’
Brady said there is the chance for Ocho to excel in Foxboro because of the passion he still has for the game.
‘I think I met him at the Pro Bowl a long time ago. He’s just fun to be around. He loves football. That’s why guys do well here, because they love the game, they love to compete. They show up and they want to win. I think to be a good player on this team, you have to put the team first. The Troy Browns, the Tedy Bruschis and Rodney Harrisons, those guys always set a great example, and an example that I learned from over the years. That’s really what the veteran players have always tried to be here.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Garoppolo Comments on Opportunity to Start for Patriots
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL