|A touchy, feely Chad Ochocinco actually promises he won’t talk much||07.30.11 at 1:49 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Chad Ochocinco had his smile, talked again about landing in heaven and even gave a group hug at the end after he saw reporters and photographers jostling for position in his post-practice interview. But the star wide receiver said Saturday he is planning on toning it down a lot from his previous days in Cincinnati.
“I’m going to always be me,” Ochocinco said. “I’ll always be me. But there’s a certain way that the Patriots do it, and I’ve always been a chameleon, so I’m going to blend in and do it the Patriots way, which is win, you know? I think Bill, we had our talk, and without him having to even say anything, [I know] there’s no need for me to do some of the stuff I did before.”
After finishing his first practice in pads, Ochocinco paid thanks to Patriots owner Robert Kraft and coach Bill Belichick.
“It’s exactly what I thought it was, me being able to come here,” Ochocinco said. “The first meeting, as soon as I got here, was with Mr. Kraft. Unbelievable. Unbelievable. He welcomed me with open arms. I talked with coach Belichick, and he did the same. We had our normal talk, our normal chat. Other than that, I’m ready to rock and roll.”
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Jason Vega Speaks With the Pulpit
- Rob Gronkowski Undergoes Successful Forearm Surgery
- Patriots Sign WR Mark Harrison, K David Ruffer; Fill Roster
- Brandon Spikes Absent From Patriots OTAs
- New England Patriots Links 5/20/13 - Brady Better Than Ever; OTAs Begin
- Dwight Freeney Signs With Chargers; Pats Showed 'Last Minute Interest'
- USA Today: Gronkowski Dealing With Back Issue, Could Face (Another)...