A touchy, feely Chad Ochocinco actually promises he won’t talk much
|07.30.11 at 1:49 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Chad Ochocinco had his smile, talked again about landing in heaven and even gave a group hug at the end after he saw reporters and photographers jostling for position in his post-practice interview. But the star wide receiver said Saturday he is planning on toning it down a lot from his previous days in Cincinnati.
“I’m going to always be me,” Ochocinco said. “I’ll always be me. But there’s a certain way that the Patriots do it, and I’ve always been a chameleon, so I’m going to blend in and do it the Patriots way, which is win, you know? I think Bill, we had our talk, and without him having to even say anything, [I know] there’s no need for me to do some of the stuff I did before.’
After finishing his first practice in pads, Ochocinco paid thanks to Patriots owner Robert Kraft and coach Bill Belichick.
“It’s exactly what I thought it was, me being able to come here,” Ochocinco said. “The first meeting, as soon as I got here, was with Mr. Kraft. Unbelievable. Unbelievable. He welcomed me with open arms. I talked with coach Belichick, and he did the same. We had our normal talk, our normal chat. Other than that, I’m ready to rock and roll.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors
- Biggest Challenges Facing New England Patriots in 2017 Offseason
- Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Comeback to Be Made into Book and Feature Film
- Malcolm Butler's Life Story to Be Subject of Biographical Movie
- Julian Edelman Says Jimmy Garoppolo Has Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers...