Agent for Tony Carter alleges cornerback is healthy, was cut before he left for training camp
|07.30.11 at 10:05 pm ET|
The agency representing cornerback Tony Carter ‘ who was released by the Patriots earlier this week for reportedly failing his physical ‘ said Carter is healthy and was cut before he even left his home in Florida for training camp.
Tony was informed of his impending release by the New England Patriots head coach PRIOR to his departure for camp
TONY WAS INFORMED OF HIS RELEASE PRIOR TO DEPARTING FOR TRAINING CAMP, HE DID NOT REPORT TO THE FACILITY AND AT NO TIME WAS EXAMINED FOR AN ENTRANCE PHYSICAL.
Tony took the call about his release as he was packing to report for camp for an on time departure from his apartment in Orlando, Florida where he spent this off-season training.
Tony was, and continues to be 100% healthy.
Tony is still thankful for his time with the Patriots football club, and looks forward to the next steps of his career.
The 25-year-old defensive back joined New England’s practice squad last September and was promoted to the 53-man roster for the last three games of the 2010 season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video