Colts sign Peyton Manning to extension
|07.30.11 at 4:09 pm ET|
Irsay also tweeted the terms of the deal, which will pay the four-time NFL MVP $90 million over five years. The owner noted that the contract was “cap friendly” and will pay Manning $69 million in the deal’s first three years.
The $18 million a year is equal to what reigning MVP Tom Brady makes and puts him next to the Patriots quarterback as the two highest-paid players in the league. An 11-time Pro Bowler, Manning is set to enter his 14th season since being drafted first overall by the Colts in the 1998 draft.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Free-Agent OL Pats Should Target This Offseason
- FA WRs Patriots Should Target This Offseason
- Report: Montee Ball Released by Patriots
- Free-Agent RBs Patriots Should Consider This Offseason
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty