Colts sign Peyton Manning to extension
|07.30.11 at 4:09 pm ET|
Irsay also tweeted the terms of the deal, which will pay the four-time NFL MVP $90 million over five years. The owner noted that the contract was “cap friendly” and will pay Manning $69 million in the deal’s first three years.
The $18 million a year is equal to what reigning MVP Tom Brady makes and puts him next to the Patriots quarterback as the two highest-paid players in the league. An 11-time Pro Bowler, Manning is set to enter his 14th season since being drafted first overall by the Colts in the 1998 draft.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Ankle, Shoulder and...
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction