Colts sign Peyton Manning to extension
|07.30.11 at 4:09 pm ET|
Irsay also tweeted the terms of the deal, which will pay the four-time NFL MVP $90 million over five years. The owner noted that the contract was “cap friendly” and will pay Manning $69 million in the deal’s first three years.
The $18 million a year is equal to what reigning MVP Tom Brady makes and puts him next to the Patriots quarterback as the two highest-paid players in the league. An 11-time Pro Bowler, Manning is set to enter his 14th season since being drafted first overall by the Colts in the 1998 draft.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...