Report: Plaxico Burress signs with Jets
|07.31.11 at 10:09 am ET|
ESPN Insider Adam Schefter reported Sunday that the Jets have signed Plaxico Burress to a one-year, $3 million contract.
Burress has been out of the NFL since late 2008, when he accidentally shot himself in the leg at a New York city nightclub. A grand jury indicted Burress in August 2009 on two counts of second-degree criminal possession of a firearm, and one count of second-degree reckless endangerment. Burress was released from prison on June 6 and was quickly reinstated to the NFL.
Burress had been a very productive wide receiver before the gunshot wound ended his 2008 season and took him out of football for two years. He caught over 1,000 yards four times from 2001 to 2007 and averaged over seven touchdown receptions per season over that stretch.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick