Report: Plaxico Burress signs with Jets
|07.31.11 at 10:09 am ET|
Burress has been out of the NFL since late 2008, when he accidentally shot himself in the leg at a New York city nightclub. A grand jury indicted Burress in August 2009 on two counts of second-degree criminal possession of a firearm, and one count of second-degree reckless endangerment. Burress was released from prison on June 6 and was quickly reinstated to the NFL.
Burress had been a very productive wide receiver before the gunshot wound ended his 2008 season and took him out of football for two years. He caught over 1,000 yards four times from 2001 to 2007 and averaged over seven touchdown receptions per season over that stretch.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...