Cris Carter tells ESPN that Patriots offered Randy Moss a one-year deal
|08.01.11 at 3:07 pm ET|
Cris Carter, a former teammate of Randy Moss in Minnesota, hinted Monday the Patriots offered Moss a one-year deal to return for the 2011 season, but the wide receiver wanted a multiyear contract. When that didn’t materialize ‘ along with a possible deal with the Jets ‘ he made the decision to call it a career.
“What I think forced (his retirement) was No. 1, New England trading for (Chad) Ochocinco,’ Carter said when asked about Moss on ESPN. ‘That’s the No. 1 place he wanted to go to. His biggest problem with New England was he didn’t want a one-year deal. New England wanted to sign him to a one-year deal. As you can see, New England gave Chad that three-year deal.
‘When those two teams were removed from him and his ability to go play with them, I think that Randy reacted a lot like the Randy that came into the league, like the Randy we’ve seen, and he said, ‘You know something? I’m not just going to play for anyone.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...