Matt Roth, Chris Morris reportedly make visits to Foxboro
|08.02.11 at 8:58 pm ET|
FOXBORO ‘ According to a tweet from John Clayton of ESPN, the Patriots held a workout with former Browns linebacker Matt Roth on Tuesday.
The 28-year-old Roth is a 6-foot-4, 275-pounder out of Iowa who is known as a solid presence against both the run and the pass. He played the majority of the last two seasons in Cleveland after being claimed off waivers in November of 2009. He had 3.5 sacks last year for the Browns after having four and five in 2010 and 2009, respectively.
He has a real familiarity with the responsibilities of an outside linebacker in a Bill Belichick-style 3-4 ‘ since college, Roth has played almost exclusively for former Belichick lieutenants. As a collegian, he was with Kirk Ferentz at Iowa. In the pros, he’s also had stints with in Nick Saban (Miami) and Eric Mangini (Cleveland), which would likely mean an easy transition in New England.
In addtion, it was reported that center Chris Morris had a visit with the Patriots on Tuesday. Morris, 28, is a 6-foot-4, 305-pounder who has been in the league for the last five seasons, four with Oakland and one with Carolina.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied