Matt Roth, Chris Morris reportedly make visits to Foxboro
|08.02.11 at 8:58 pm ET|
FOXBORO ‘ According to a tweet from John Clayton of ESPN, the Patriots held a workout with former Browns linebacker Matt Roth on Tuesday.
The 28-year-old Roth is a 6-foot-4, 275-pounder out of Iowa who is known as a solid presence against both the run and the pass. He played the majority of the last two seasons in Cleveland after being claimed off waivers in November of 2009. He had 3.5 sacks last year for the Browns after having four and five in 2010 and 2009, respectively.
He has a real familiarity with the responsibilities of an outside linebacker in a Bill Belichick-style 3-4 ‘ since college, Roth has played almost exclusively for former Belichick lieutenants. As a collegian, he was with Kirk Ferentz at Iowa. In the pros, he’s also had stints with in Nick Saban (Miami) and Eric Mangini (Cleveland), which would likely mean an easy transition in New England.
In addtion, it was reported that center Chris Morris had a visit with the Patriots on Tuesday. Morris, 28, is a 6-foot-4, 305-pounder who has been in the league for the last five seasons, four with Oakland and one with Carolina.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England