|Notes on Raheem Brock, Matt Light, Ty Warren||08.02.11 at 10:41 pm ET|
Three more Patriots notes worth passing along on this Tuesday evening:
• The Patriots will reportedly bring in veteran defensive lineman Raheem Brock for a visit on Tuesday, according to Shalise Manza-Young of The Boston Globe. Brock is a 33-year-old who has spent nine seasons in the league — eight in Indianapolis and one in Seattle. While Brock saw a drop in playing time last year (his first with the Seahawks), he did end the year with a career-best nine sacks. The 6-foot-4, 274-pound Brock is one of two reported veterans who have come in for a look this week — Tommie Harris got a look from the Patriots earlier this week before he signed a deal with the Colts late Tuesday night.
• The least surprising announcement of the day came when the team announced that veteran left tackle Matt Light had officially re-signed. Light, who reportedly agreed to a two-year deal worth as much as $12 million, was at practice on Tuesday afternoon, chatting with owner Robert Kraft and teammate Logan Mankins. Here’s part of the announcement from the team:
Light has played in 140 games with 138 starts since joining the Patriots as a second round draft pick (48th overall) of the 2001 draft out of Purdue. In his ten seasons with the Patriots, Light has been a part of eight division eight division champions, four conference titles and three Super Bowl crowns. He has helped the New England offense finish in the Top 10 on offense six times, including a streak of four straight seasons in the Top 10. Light has been named a member of the AFC Pro Bowl squad three times (2006, 2007 and 2010).
• Former Patriots defensive lineman Ty Warren has agreed to terms with the Broncos on a two-year, $10 million contract, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN. Warren, who was released last last week by New England, missed all last season with a hip injury, but helped the 2003 and 2004 Patriots’ win Super Bowl titles. The 30-year-old Warren is a 6-foot-5, 300-pounder who has played both end spots. His career-best season came in 2006 when he had 84 tackles and 7.5 sacks.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Report: Patriots Restructure Julian Edelman's Contract
- New England Patriots Links 5/24/13 - Chandler Jones 'Ramping Up' for Year...
- Bill Belichick and The Greatest Coaches Ever
- New England Patriots Links 5/23/13 - Amendola, Jenkins Top Receivers at...
- Patriots Claim OT Kevin Haslam; Waive R.J. Mattes
- Patriots Spend League High $140K In Guaranteed Money For UDFAs
- New England Patriots Links 5/22/13 - Talib: OTAs About 'Getting Down the...