Patriots reportedly cutting ties with running back Thomas Clayton
|08.03.11 at 12:34 pm ET|
The Patriots have informed running back Thomas Clayton he will be released by the team, according to multiple reports. Clayton, a 5-foot-11, 222-pounder out of Kansas State, has put in multiple stints on the New England roster, but the 27-year-old was the odd man out after rookies Shane Vereen and Stevan Ridley joined the team after signing their deals. Clayton has seven career carries for 17 yards.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...