Patriots reportedly cutting ties with running back Thomas Clayton
|08.03.11 at 12:34 pm ET|
The Patriots have informed running back Thomas Clayton he will be released by the team, according to multiple reports. Clayton, a 5-foot-11, 222-pounder out of Kansas State, has put in multiple stints on the New England roster, but the 27-year-old was the odd man out after rookies Shane Vereen and Stevan Ridley joined the team after signing their deals. Clayton has seven career carries for 17 yards.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?