Patriots reportedly cutting ties with running back Thomas Clayton
|08.03.11 at 12:34 pm ET|
The Patriots have informed running back Thomas Clayton he will be released by the team, according to multiple reports. Clayton, a 5-foot-11, 222-pounder out of Kansas State, has put in multiple stints on the New England roster, but the 27-year-old was the odd man out after rookies Shane Vereen and Stevan Ridley joined the team after signing their deals. Clayton has seven career carries for 17 yards.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Malcolm Butler Contract: Latest News, Rumors
- Patriots DT Plans to Recruit Kevin Durant to Celtics
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense