Tom Brady on Chad Ochocinco: We all have ‘good days and bad days’
|08.05.11 at 5:23 pm ET|
FOXBORO — There was no shortage of talk and speculation following Thursday’s practice about the four drops that Chad Ochocinco had during the nearly three-hour session.
Quarterback Tom Brady brought some valuable perspective on Friday after a nearly flawless performance by his new star wide receiver when asked if the drops could be attributed to Ocho trying too hard to learn his new routes and responsibilities.
“I think that’s just part of training camp,” Brady said. “You just have good days and you have bad days. Like I said, the first game isn’t in a couple days. There is time to build toward that. No one wants to drop passes, miss blocks, throw interceptions, but we do it, we learn from it, and then hopefully you move forward with less of those the next day, and better days. The consistency is always what you’re looking for.”
Brady has had a full week to work with Ocho and one thing that sticks out is No. 85’s competitive desire to get better with each practice. And it was in a goal line situation that Ocho showed Brady and Bill Belichick that competitive intensity, shaking off Devin McCourty and cutting to the back of the end zone, finding just a sliver of space in the back, and getting his hands up in time to catch a Brady bullet for a TD.
“It’s been fun,” Brady said. “The thing I love about him is that he’s very competitive and he wants to do the right thing. He’s been in one offense for a long time, so to try to come to a new offense and learn everything we do — formations, motions, details of our route tree – it’s challenging for anybody. To do it on such short notice is another thing. He’s working hard at it and we’re working hard to be on the same page. We’re making improvements and we still have quite a ways to go.”
Safe to say, on Friday, Ochocinco responded with a very good day.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video
- Photos of Tom Brady's Previously Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Revealed
- New England Patriots: Updated Draft Big Board After First Wave of Free...