Andre Carter announces on Twitter he’s set to sign with Patriots
|08.07.11 at 9:42 pm ET|
Another day, another big body.
Free-agent defensive end Andre Carter announced via his Twitter account on Sunday night that he will be joining the Patriots, writing I am proud to announce that I will be playing for the New England Patriots for the 2011 season. Thanks you for your prayers and support.
A 2001 first-round pick out of Cal by San Francisco ‘ one pick after New England selected Richard Seymour ‘ the 6-foot-4, 257-pound Carter has spent the last five seasons with Washington. During his 149-game career, he has 66 quarterback sacks. His best season came in 2009 when he had 62 tackles and 11 sacks for the Redskins. Carter’s father ‘ Rubin Carter ‘ played in Denver from 1975-86 when Patriots coach Bill Belichick was an assistant with the Broncos (1978).
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal