Andre Carter announces on Twitter he’s set to sign with Patriots
|08.07.11 at 9:42 pm ET|
Another day, another big body.
Free-agent defensive end Andre Carter announced via his Twitter account on Sunday night that he will be joining the Patriots, writing I am proud to announce that I will be playing for the New England Patriots for the 2011 season. Thanks you for your prayers and support.
A 2001 first-round pick out of Cal by San Francisco ‘ one pick after New England selected Richard Seymour ‘ the 6-foot-4, 257-pound Carter has spent the last five seasons with Washington. During his 149-game career, he has 66 quarterback sacks. His best season came in 2009 when he had 62 tackles and 11 sacks for the Redskins. Carter’s father ‘ Rubin Carter ‘ played in Denver from 1975-86 when Patriots coach Bill Belichick was an assistant with the Broncos (1978).
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It
- NFL1000: Why New England's Defense Can Carry Belichick to Another Super...