Andre Carter announces on Twitter he’s set to sign with Patriots
|08.07.11 at 9:42 pm ET|
Another day, another big body.
Free-agent defensive end Andre Carter announced via his Twitter account on Sunday night that he will be joining the Patriots, writing I am proud to announce that I will be playing for the New England Patriots for the 2011 season. Thanks you for your prayers and support.
A 2001 first-round pick out of Cal by San Francisco — one pick after New England selected Richard Seymour — the 6-foot-4, 257-pound Carter has spent the last five seasons with Washington. During his 149-game career, he has 66 quarterback sacks. His best season came in 2009 when he had 62 tackles and 11 sacks for the Redskins. Carter’s father — Rubin Carter — played in Denver from 1975-86 when Patriots coach Bill Belichick was an assistant with the Broncos (1978).
The Patriots have brought in several defensive linemen over the last couple of weeks, including Albert Haynesworth and Shaun Ellis.
- New England Patriots fans, take a deep breath and enjoy the ride
- The Heart of a Machine
- Patriots vs. Browns: Three Takeaways
- Patriots vs. Browns: Fan Notes from the Game
- BNOTD: Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski Tears ACL
- New England Patriots Links 12/09/13 - Patriots Celebrate Last-Minute...
- In the Mind of Destruction