|Peter King: Randy Moss visited Robert Kraft after wife’s death||08.08.11 at 9:30 am ET|
Recently retired wide receiver Randy Moss visited Patriots owner Robert Kraft following the death of Kraft’s wife, Myra, writes Peter King in his weekly Monday Morning Quarterback for Sports Illustrated.
King writes that Moss flew up from Florida to personally tell Kraft how highly he regarded Myra. Moss was anxious about the trip and talked to former teammate Vince Wilfork about it.
“Randy is a good friend of mine,” Wilfork told King. “He called me and said, ‘Vince, I’m nervous about coming up. But I want to come. I shared a bond with her. I really want to be there.’ Guys who don’t know Randy, they’ll say he’s arrogant. But if he could have retired here, he would have. He came here for one reason and one reason only: He wanted to support the Kraft family.’”
King adds that back when Moss signed with the Patriots in 2007, Kraft called him into his office and told him he would always be in the Patriot family. Moss apparently still considers himself a part of the family as he signed Myra’s sympathy card “Randy Moss Kraft.”
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Bill Belichick and The Greatest Coaches Ever
- New England Patriots Links 5/23/13 - Amendola, Jenkins Top Receivers at...
- Patriots Claim OT Kevin Haslam; Waive R.J. Mattes
- Patriots Spend League High $140K In Guaranteed Money For UDFAs
- New England Patriots Links 5/22/13 - Talib: OTAs About 'Getting Down the...
- The Potential Importance Of Jake Ballard
- Four Missing From Second Day Of Patriots OTAs