Peter King: Randy Moss visited Robert Kraft after wife’s death
|08.08.11 at 9:30 am ET|
Recently retired wide receiver Randy Moss visited Patriots owner Robert Kraft following the death of Kraft’s wife, Myra, writes Peter King in his weekly Monday Morning Quarterback for Sports Illustrated.
King writes that Moss flew up from Florida to personally tell Kraft how highly he regarded Myra. Moss was anxious about the trip and talked to former teammate Vince Wilfork about it.
“Randy is a good friend of mine,” Wilfork told King. “He called me and said, ‘Vince, I’m nervous about coming up. But I want to come. I shared a bond with her. I really want to be there.’ Guys who don’t know Randy, they’ll say he’s arrogant. But if he could have retired here, he would have. He came here for one reason and one reason only: He wanted to support the Kraft family.'”
King adds that back when Moss signed with the Patriots in 2007, Kraft called him into his office and told him he would always be in the Patriot family. Moss apparently still considers himself a part of the family as he signed Myra’s sympathy card “Randy Moss Kraft.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?