Peter King: Randy Moss visited Robert Kraft after wife’s death
|08.08.11 at 9:30 am ET|
Recently retired wide receiver Randy Moss visited Patriots owner Robert Kraft following the death of Kraft’s wife, Myra, writes Peter King in his weekly Monday Morning Quarterback for Sports Illustrated.
King writes that Moss flew up from Florida to personally tell Kraft how highly he regarded Myra. Moss was anxious about the trip and talked to former teammate Vince Wilfork about it.
“Randy is a good friend of mine,” Wilfork told King. “He called me and said, ‘Vince, I’m nervous about coming up. But I want to come. I shared a bond with her. I really want to be there.’ Guys who don’t know Randy, they’ll say he’s arrogant. But if he could have retired here, he would have. He came here for one reason and one reason only: He wanted to support the Kraft family.’”
King adds that back when Moss signed with the Patriots in 2007, Kraft called him into his office and told him he would always be in the Patriot family. Moss apparently still considers himself a part of the family as he signed Myra’s sympathy card “Randy Moss Kraft.”
- Patriots vs. Browns: Three Takeaways
- Patriots vs. Browns: Fan Notes from the Game
- BNOTD: Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski Tears ACL
- New England Patriots Links 12/09/13 - Patriots Celebrate Last-Minute...
- In the Mind of Destruction
- Patriots vs. Browns Final Score: Gronkowski Injured in Dramatic 27-26...
- Halftime: Patriots Struggle Again in 1st Half, Trail Browns 6-0