Chad Ochocinco maintains that he wants to live with a Patriots fan, and talks about his adventures in Boston
|08.09.11 at 4:57 pm ET|
FOXBORO ‘ New Patriots wide receiver Chad Ochocinco said Tuesday afternoon he’s going to pick one fan to stay with “for the first two [or] three weeks of the season” to live with until he gets “acclimated” to the area.
“I’m going to do something different ‘ I’m going to stay with a fan, probably for the first two, three weeks of the season, so that should be fun until I get myself acclimated and learn my way around and just find a place,” Ochocinco said after the Patriots held a nearly three-hour practice on the fields behind Gillette Stadium.
There are some prerequisites, however.
“I’m not sure how many Boston fans I have, but I’m just going to pick someone. I’m not sure how it’s going to work, They have to have Internet and they have to have Xbox. That’s about it,” he said.
Ochocinco also discussed some of his adventures in and around Boston over the last couple of weeks since the Patriots picked him up in a trade. He showed up at last Sunday’s Red Sox-Yankees game at Fenway, and has explored the city in his Prius.
“It’s been fun,” he said. “I haven’t used the GPS purposely. The way I learn a new city is by traveling out, venturing out and getting lost on purpose. But this past weekend I was a little frustrated because I lost about an hour, an hour and a 30 minutes, and I couldn’t get where I needed to. And that’s it. Other than that, Boston ‘ actually, heaven ‘ has been good.
“People have been fun. People have been fun. A lot of people are not too fond of the Prius that I drive ‘ I find that hard to believe. Not sure what that’s all about. But other than that, people have been great. People have been great. I got to meet a couple of fans at the Red Sox game, and I wasn’t able to please everybody because I’d have to talk to the entire stadium, but it’s been cool.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video